Hinterland - Orc Lords Next Month

being a fan of the original iteration of Hinterland, I shot right to the site for details on this one... but found slim pickins fer shure. I mean, the blurb on the full page ad gives up a little sump'n sump'n, but it boils down to "option to play as an orc w/ an orc village as opposed to human town". "New locations"? Without any specificity, I dont have much hope in anything spectacular. The forums are strangely, totally devoid of any information by the devs whatsoever.

You'd think they'd be hyping this left and right trying to get knuckleheads like me all frothing at the mouth over this. Maybe it's because dressing up as an Orc and being able to gather fish now too is the only difference from the original, or maybe not. Wish they'd give the 411 already on this one

I am also not sure what to expect ... is it the same fun game from Steam with some new things added, or is it a major new release?

Still no boxed release ?

Hopefully TiltedMill will talk up and explain the game proper between now and May, especially seeing as how the first time around they didn't announce it until like 2 weeks before the March "shipment". There's a fair amount of discontent and wondering about bag holding and the status of being left there with bugs and such over on the original game's forum.

Still no boxed release ?

There will never be a boxed release. Tilted Mill is clear about this. It is just a fact of the 21st century that boxed releases are only one method of releasing software but not the only method.

Sounds like a low priority product.

there's a boxed release up for pre-order on Amazon. I noticed it's only for Vista, I dont think Ive seen any game thus far that was ONLY for Vista.

There will never be a boxed release. Tilted Mill is clear about this. It is just a fact of the 21st century that boxed releases are only one method of releasing software but not the only method.

Okay, then it is dead for me.

I was kinda addicted to Hinterland for about two weeks then I lost interest. I wish they would release an add-on that has a story or a campaign structure. They are capable; Children of the Nile proved so.

I know a story in what is essentially a sandbox game is usually simple and perhaps superficial but it can really make one want to keep playing.

Back
Top Bottom