Dungeon Siege 3 - Katarina Trailer

Looks like you can preorder this to get bonus items. Can i preorder online for pc?

That looks fun! Gun-Fu + magic!

Party game + Obsidian writing + dearth of diabloesque loot games… this could be a real winner for Obsidian. If only they had half the ridiculous amount of marketing that DA2 had.

Looks like too much fun and on top of that she gets a pet! I have a feeling we will see a lot of her in multiplayer if it has it.

Looks like some Steampunk thrown in ...

The game doesn't look at its best when zoomed in like that (compare to how good some of the previews look when zoomed out) and the whole "videogame babe" thing is disappointingly overdone here. But on the plus side, she really does look like a fun character to play.

As for the steampunk, it's been pretty much confirmed that there are some of that in the game. However, I think that was always a part of Dungeon Siege?

I didn't think so ... But yes, if I remember the Gnomes (?) of DS1, then yes (those "Battle Droids" *chuckle* )

Is it just me or is animation becoming worse and worse in new RPG's ?

Is it just me or is animation becoming worse and worse in new RPG's ?

It's is just you.

As graphics are getting better and better, the demands on other details like animation are also getting higher and higher, so a certain aspect can't keep pace, it stands out more clearly now than before.

However, that certainly doesn't necessarily mean that the actual animations are getting worse.

What I don't quite understand is that people say that person's (NPCs & PCs) animations in games are still "stiff" - according to them - whereas I find them amazing !

I Germany there's a kind of proverb saying "we [in this case] are lamenting on a [very] high level".

What I don't quite understand is that people say that person's (NPCs & PCs) animations in games are still "stiff" - according to them - whereas I find them amazing !

I Germany there's a kind of proverb saying "we [in this case] are lamenting on a [very] high level".

You think it's juts about animation but you can use it for ton of game design elements, modern players tend be constant unhappy people.

??? It's mad, I saw nothing, could you quote the exact part of the video?

Well as you will know many animations are looped so as to give a fluid continuous cycle effect, in this vid clip i can clearly see the motion loop start point and furthermore, some effort to hide it by the head bopping motion actually emphasises the start/end bits rather than blend or hide - all to the trained eye of course. Full motion capture technology might have been a better choice utilising sequencial loops rather than single cycle animation loops but obviously would add to the costs.

Man, you guys read too much into details that are largely irrelevant ;p How about the sprites of BG and Fallout?

I think FatBastard hit the nail on the head; with greater polygon count, comes even greater expectations.

Lol no I checked again carefully the video, and it's more imagination than reality, if you watch it at slow motion and analyze any pixel perhaps.

But the important element is your point was "she walks like a pregnant duck" that's not technical details only you can see. You should watch carefully real people walk and observe how "ridiculous" and funny it can be.

Remind me a lot one point of PCGamer about PC gamers, technical whore.

Back
Top Bottom