Sovereign - World Map

Are you considering kickstarting this one charles? Now that you've got a game to your name and if you produce some more quality pre-production materials like this you could have a pretty good chance of success.

Map's pretty, but you need to reconsider your choices for the fonts. The white serif letters with black borders are a poor choice for legibility.

That was a refreshing image. Has the game evolved to more of a MM3-5 setup? If so, that would be awesome. I still haven't played Underworld Gold, but I'll get to it pretty soon. I'm a Skyrim addict, but I can feel myself start to come down, so Underworld will get a shot when that happens.

If I recall in 3-5, you could have a total of 18 inventory items, which would be a great improvement on Underworld.

@bjon045 I'm definitely considering it for a later stage, given I can find a way to work around the US/UK limitation.

@screeg The high resolution image works much better for legibility but that's a 9MB file so I went with the low resolution for the update. I don't think it's the font so much.

@crpgnut I'm really still on the three row, tactical layout. Sovereign will expand on Underworld in other ways, but I don't see it going the MM3 route.

Indiegogo supports other countries not just US and UK but all the cool kids are doing kickstarter so highly unlikely that you would get same amount of funding as you would if you could kickstart.

The problem with a kickstarter is that you'll have to show massive improvements over Underworld Gold to justify people paying money this time. You will need to explain, in detail, what the money is going to improve.

This might be as easy as a map comparison. Underworld was small. I think it took me about 30-40 hours to finish. If Sovereign is going to be a 100 hour affair with several more dungeons, etc, then that would help to establish the reason.

The problem with a kickstarter is that you'll have to show massive improvements over Underworld Gold to justify people paying money this time. You will need to explain, in detail, what the money is going to improve.

This might be as easy as a map comparison. Underworld was small. I think it took me about 30-40 hours to finish. If Sovereign is going to be a 100 hour affair with several more dungeons, etc, then that would help to establish the reason.

Yes he said it was going to be much bigger. I would think if he didnt ask for a ton of money it could succeed. I would back it for sure.

I have no idea what Sovereign or Sword and Sorcery or any of this is, but I like the map. Looks like a place I would like to explore. Good work.

I probably wouldn't kickstart anything as basic as Underworld, but I'm a potential customer at release if it's cheap enough.

There will be more coming in soon. Even the GUI is only an early take. There will be portraits replacing the full-body shots.

My next update should be about character creation and development. Then there will be one showing some of the environments.

I'm also working on ways to make the engine less "clunky" (I hate that word damit :)). If I can get it to work,animated movement as an option as opposed to the current instant movement.

But first I've got to get over this seasonal flu. :(

I am on the Email list and Charles sent this to me last week. I pretty much said what you guys said - Might and Magicy - which is a good thing. A very good thing. It seems the tool set should be out there for a small company to make an M&M. I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope .

once again - great map

I don't think the original game was that basic, what it lacked was professional graphics. A kickstarter could really help with that.

Sorry to hear that you've been plagued. Rest up, then get your butt to work! That map has me nostalgic! Looking forward to the next update.

@crpgnut: You certainly seem to be down on Kickstarting this game. :)

There have been lots of Kickstarters for $10K or even less. Witness Antharion. However, you do have to have some solid development to show. You can't just Kickstart an idea.

Back
Top Bottom