Gothic 3 Where am I on the map?

max killen

Watchdog
I looked on the Log Map; but I am unable to find myself on it. How do you know where you are if you can't find out where you are. Do I need map making skill or something. Just starting the game and I killed the Orcs at the Farm; but I got lost and couldn't find my way back to the secret rebel camp. Is there a real time map that shows your location?

Gothic 3 doesn't give you any indicators on the map as I recall. You have to use landmarks to judge where you're at. I never had much of a problem except for some areas in Nordmar.

There's no mini-map but I'm pretty sure that the world map (you have to get the item) has some sort of pointer that indicates where you are.

There's no mini-map but I'm pretty sure that the world map (you have to get the item) has some sort of pointer that indicates where you are.

Yeah, that was what I remembered too - a big orange arrow shows up on the map once you purchase it. Its under 'documents' or some such tab.

Yes, there is a big orange arrow:

216962-gothic-3-windows-screenshot-map-of-the-worlds.jpg

Maybe it's a bug.

I'm playing right now and it is a bit confusing. On the general map (M) there is a marker that shows your location. But on the map located within the inventory stuff (I) it does not show your location. It was driving me crazy for a while until I did the two actions close together and discovered the difference.

BTW, I secured :) the main map in the first town but a lot of venders in the area sell the map.

I'm playing right now and it is a bit confusing. On the general map (M) there is a marker that shows your location. But on the map located within the inventory stuff (I) it does not show your location.

I had a similar thing when I visited Munich (Germany) during a few days ago : The map in my hands didn't show me where I was ... ;)

That's why I usually go well with my habit to use unusual landscape "markers" for orientation ... Like hills, buildings, trees, street-crossings ...

Gothic is a game series in which RL habits are actually useful to some extent, I believe.

Back
Top Bottom