Larian Studios - The Inspiration behind Project E

Our preview is up. You'll see that some things posted in this thread aren't 100% precise. ;)

Why? The TB combat?

Nope the co-op and Ultima inspiration. I'm getting Dungeonsiege 3 vibes from the game. It's probably blasphemy here but I never enjoyed any Ultima games.

You can play the game in SP. Multiplayer is not required to play the game. And why is taking inspiration from Ultima VII a bad thing?

You can play the game in SP. Multiplayer is just an option. And why is taking inspiration from Ultima VII a bad thing?

I grew up with Fallout and Baldur's Gate being my first pc rpg's. I tried the Ultima games later and didn't get any enjoyment from them.

Also every time I hear but you can play a co-op game in SP still doesn't negate the game was designed as a co-op game. An example would be Dead Island and Borderlands.

Call me a cynic or a pessimist I don't care. I'll be taking a wait and see approach to this game now.

As Couch regularly says himself, don't take him seriously. For me, that means just ignore the posts.
Bravo good sir but unfortunately this time I'm serious. Well mostly.:)
Baldur's Gate had co-op.

No Baldur's Gate has an option to play co-op it wasn't a game designed with co-op as the goal.

Last edited:
I never knew one could co-op BG. But then, I simply didn't have the capabilities to do it, too.
MP in general, yes, I knew that.

I never knew one could co-op BG. But then, I simply didn't have the capabilities to do it, too.
MP in general, yes, I knew that.

I never played mp or co-op back then either. The internet speeds were slow and pricing was outrageous back then.

I never played mp or co-op back then either. The internet speeds were slow and pricing was outrageous back then.

We used to LAN it. It worked pretty well and was very enjoyable - occasionally we'd break out in a mass brawl then just reload from a save and carry on.

I never had friends to play via LAN then.

One of the few games I ever played co-op, with my wife. I actually enjoyed BG a lot better that way than solo. I hope I can convince her to give this game a try.

One can play Bethesda's "Hunted" co-op, too.

Those games didn't allow both players to participate in dialogue though. In fact, I can't recall any crpg that had that feature.

Back
Top Bottom