Aarklash: Legacy - Review @ IGC

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Invision Game Community has the next review for Aarklash: Legacy.

Aarklash Legacy is an interesting game that will keep you busy for quite a long time, as combat does take a while if you’re as bad as me at it. The combat of the game is fun and works perfectly for the type of game it is, and the pause on the game really allows you to survey the combat with ease. The game is fresh and would have a really interesting story if I didn’t need to research the universe from other websites such as Aarklash Chronicles and Confrontation. If you play the game without knowledge of the universe you won’t learn about the universe from this game, but the plot does progress smoothly with a wide variety of characters. The loot system works quite well, but don’t expect to get drops from enemies unless they are bosses, loot is usually found in secret chests. The skill tree is simple but effective as it has 2 routes down each skill with 2 major changes at the end of each route.

Aarklash Legacy knows exactly what it is, and gives you no less than what you expect, except in lore explanation, but if you find yourself playing this game you’ll probably be researching the lore anyway to understand more about the plot. The game revolves around using tactics to outwit your enemy and loot to give you the edge in combat. Challenge is something that you will not be short of in this game especially in those optional bosses. The combat reminds me a lot of Dragon Age: Origins except its less finicky and much more fun, any fans of Dragon Age: Origins will definitely want to pick this up. I’m quite a fan of top-down RPG’s and squad based games and Aarklash Legacy has stood itself out of the crowd for me and is incredibly addictive straight from the get-go, as a result I give this game 4 out 5.
More information.

im happy it gets love. the game doesn't seem much different from the beta version which I ditched gracefully )
It really isn't my cup of tea. no attention to details.

this + van helsing would be something worthwhile

Yeah. I increased the font size and character BIO text was pushed beyond its window - the wrapping kept it inside the margins, but devs didn't include a scrollbar to that window.

Also their microscopic font design is sub-par.

Discovered during this trip, how thin structure the game has. Little content, too alien - non-human centered characters -, story not rooted enough, too magical/otherworldly actions being done by the NPC-s, also that fun looking gnome with the hat - the little animal in it - doesn't get HP when gaining levels? I think that was the nail in the coffin.

Looks really nice, possibly has superb tactical battles, maybe I will try out a few battles just to see what people are talking about, but attracted less and less to it now.

10% discount at Steam in the first week: 18€ instead of 20€

Bought it :)

I bought it and i'll probably finsih it but I'm not loving it. I find the combat stale so far (mostly because of limited set of skills per character- though I know every review gives it high marks). On hard it is hard (you die a lot but I'm not sure this is a skill issue - and yes I pause a lot and micro manage the fights - you have to to dodge attack spells - and this part of the game does not bother me but so far the map is very stale (linear and boring) and the voice acting is at best annoying. I'd give it a 6/10 or 7/10. As a contrast recent games I enjoyed have included borderlands 2 and bioshock infinite but those games are not really comparable. I played BG 2 in 2009 and loved it. Van hesling was fun (but short). Trying to think of a recent comparable game but nothign comes to mind - have my fingers crossed on wasteland 2 and project eternity.

Game really starts out strong but gets weaker and weaker.Skills have too little variety and skill tree is weak and itemization is even worse.There are not cities, NPCs to break monotony and I found characters and dialogs to be boring.One thing that remains positive are boss fights inspired by MMOs like WoW.Also I liked that you can see skills and stats of every enemy, and what buffs/debuffs they have,not many RPGs use that.

there doesnt seem to be threat system? from what I've seen enemies just tend to go for the closest enemy then don't often switch targets

Back
Top Bottom