Interplay - No Ruling Yet!

Dhruin

SasqWatch
NMA writes their earlier newsbit that Bethsoft had failed in a preliminary injunction against Interplay was premature - the hearing hasn't taken place, yet. Apparently their source misinterpreted a proposed ruling included with the documents. From Interplay's lawyer:
Hey, everybody.

You will not often hear from me, but as Interplay's in-house lawyer I feel the need to set the record straight here...

The Court has not ruled on Bethesda's Motion for Prelminary Injunction. A proposed order was filed with our Opposition to the Motion, but that is not the same as an Order of the Court. The hearing is weeks away. Interplay will issue an official statement if there is a material development that needs to be addressed. Please do not rely on rumor or speculation.

In the meantime, we all appreciate your enthusiasm and support.

Thanks,
Chris
More information.

Seems that frothing at the mouth without checking sources can bite you in the ass.

It's not NMA, it's frymuchan, an Interplay fan and stockholder. He mistook a proposed court order with an accepted one and posted it everywhere. NMA just posted about his posts.

Yip. Nice tries with the cheap shots there. But hey, jumping to conclusions for arrive at quick-snap judgements is what we do best, no?

The pot couldn't be blacker here.

I just got Bethesda's lawsuit and it actually contains some utterly false claims, like:
Upon information and belief, Interplay began packaging, advertising and promoting the sale of "Fallout Collection" and "Saga Fallout" after Bethesda's launch of "Fallout 3"

Both Fallout Collection and Saga Fallout compilations in fact predate even the original Exclusive Licensing Agreement for Fallout 3, and Fallout Trilogy was first published before the Asset Purchase Agreement. I actually think IPLY has pretty good chances with the rights to sell pre-existing games. Not so much with FOOL, though.

Back
Top Bottom