Xenus II: White Gold FanTrailer

Burning Fish

Watchdog
Xenus2Banner.jpg
I created this trailer to pay my tribute and do my best to promote this hidden gem of a game. It has a mix of pretty quiet and… pretty loud sequences, backed up by Shantel's "Borino Oro". I figured some Balkan-goodness would suit this game well. :)

This fantrailer is available in HD on:

YouTube

and

Vimeo

Also, for an unspecific time this fantrailer can be downloaded in supergalactic quality (1080p at 24mbps to be more specific)

HERE (423 MB)​

NOTE: This game is also available on both gamepitstop.ru and beamdog.com.

I hope you will enjoy the trailer and hopefully use it to show this game to any gamer you know!
A lot of work went into this, so any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I still have to watch it but I have a question, does it contains any sopiler for the ones that still have to complete the game? :biggrin:

That's better than a lot of developer made trailers I've seen.

Definately! It's awesome! :D

However IMHO it doesn't reflect the real game, becouse from this trailer it seems filled with action and shootouts but nothing else, you should have showed some rpg element, some factions battles, some dialogues and other non-shootout action, some stealth operation, some perk feature, some wildlife etc. Basically IMHO you should have shown all the various possibilities and cool things of this game, while the actual trailer shows only a little part of the real global game experience.

Anyway that's only my personal opinion, my little constructive criticism, the trailer is already very very good as is. ;)

Definately! It's awesome! :D

Yeah, the synchronisation to the music is phantastic! I had to smile a lot :)!

However IMHO it doesn't reflect the real game, because from this trailer it seems filled with action and shootouts but nothing else, you should have showed some rpg element, some factions battles, some dialogues and other non-shootout action, some stealth operation, some perk feature, some wildlife etc.

I agree with that, maybe some more of the above and less fighting in the slow music sections? Also you should either use the WG loading screen of my patch or replace the Russian text by "White Gold" to reflect the English name in the end sequence. Please add gamepitstop.ru and beamdog.com too, which are the other distributers. So do you plan to update the trailer or should I try to get it on Blues News to get some publicity?

Thanks for all the above feedback, guys!

It is like Wesp5 remarks. I always like to synchronize video to music. Music always gives me visual ideas. This is quite an uptempo song and I showed some environments in the beginning. So as soon as the music started to get more upbeat, I wanted to increase the amount of action and I think once you start doing that, you can't go back to dialogue or more quiet scenes (unless the music allows it). You have to keep increasing it until the loud (symbolic) bang at the end of a trailer.
I also didn't want any HUD-elements through the whole video to keep up the immersion, so only hearing the dialogue in Russian wouldn't be very interesting to non-Russian viewers. All this would slow the video down and it's definately an action-trailer. :)

But those are all very good tips and I'm gonna keep it in mind for future video's of this or any other game! The trailer will not be updated or changed. It is what it is and like I said, I will take your feedback with me for future projects.

Wesp5, I will add the two other distributors to the video-descriptions of both YouTube and Vimeo. And if you can get this game some attention with my trailer, anywhere, don't hesitate! :)
Thanks again everyone for your responses so far!!

Wesp5, I will add the two other distributors to the video-descriptions of both YouTube and Vimeo.

Can't you add this to the video itself? It seems unfair to me that Beamdog isn't mentioned. They even offer the Russian sound pack for their version!

Can't you add this to the video itself? It seems unfair to me that Beamdog isn't mentioned. They even offer the Russian sound pack for their version!

From what I understand reading through the lines of his post he simply doesn't want to have to edit the video one more time...

I wasn't aware that there were two more online distributors that sold Xenus II. I only heard about gamersgate.com and yuplay.ru. My fault for not performing enough research.

But The Silver is right. This a minor detail IMHO. I added both shops to the top of the video description on both YouTube and Vimeo - very noticeable. It's simply not worth re-editing, re-rendering and re-uploading the video for. I already linked the trailer at various places and I'm limited to óne HD-video a week on Vimeo, which I use more often than YouTube. I hope you understand.

I do. I'm probably not aware of how much work video editing is ;)!

Well adding two words into a static image at the end of the video is absolutely not difficult (for him should be very simple seeing how good he is at creating videos) but can be time consuming.

If I didn't already own this game, I'd be buying it now. That was a very good trailer and a lot of fun to watch.

I've actually been wanting to try White Gold for a long time, but my backlog of games is huge right now.

I have Precursors, although I've never played very far. It seems ambitious, but the game just didn't really grab me for some reason. I think I'd like White Gold more though.

I also have Boiling Point, but I've never even installed it. :blush:

Back
Top Bottom