The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Well, if we're going to do Herbie, we're pretty much obligated to do a couple others.
"Atomic Dog" by George Clinton
"Freakazoid" by Midnight Star (Morrowind NPCs 20 years early!)

Aw yeah, some more classic early music videos ... have to follow on with one more:

Kraftwerk - The Robots ... I like the original German song much better, but this is still a cool video of one of my fave songs by a band way ahead of their time.

Ah, Adam Ant, George Clinton and - of course - Kraftwerk... now you start talking about stuff I like :).
I've been listening exclusively to Coppelius while writing and Prager Handgriff while driving, at least over the last few days.

I was thrilled that I got to see Pat Martino at the Corning Glass Museum this past weekend ... it certainly made it easier to be away from the family all weekend (I'm living a month in a 'long term' hotel while we move from Mass to NY)

Great show ... awesome band really cranked out some great stuff.

So now I've been listening to his Remembrance tribute to Wes Montgomery non-stop ... well, except for the 80's nostalgia trips ... :D

I had a post typed up pointing out that the mention of Kraftwerk would bring Jaz out of the woodwork, but didn't submit it so as not to ruin the surprise. So smart, I is. ;)

So what's next, the "New Wave Fogey's Foggy Memory Collection"? Or do we go for "Fogey's Surprises: 80's Pop Bands that Didn't Suck"? Perhaps "Fogey's Back When We had Hair"? Maybe "Fogey's Retro Guilty Pleasures: Headphones Only"? This could be fun.

Wait - you mean to imply there were 80s bands that sucked? O_O

Public Service Announcement...

New Tearwave track up on MySpace! A little more bite than previous efforts, which could bode well for the upcoming cd.
"Read Me" by Tearwave

@Jaz- maybe one or two... ;)

I've been excited about one track from these folks for a long time. Turns out their other tracks are very good as well.

"Holding the Wrong Hand" by Marine Time Keepers

Well, after listening to Pat Martino for a week, I bought myself something else cool - Chick Corea and Gary Burton "New Crystal Silence". 30th Anniversary of the original great recordings, this time with loads of formats in addition to duets.

All the latest talk in the P&R forum has somehow reminded me of this old old song by Randy Newman--Sail Away
"In America, you get food to eat/don't have to run through the jungle and scuff up your feet.
You just sing about Jesus and drink wine all day--it's great to/be an American..."

The new Autumn's Grey Solace release is available over at Projekt. I'm a little underwhelmed so far. While visiting Projekt, I sampled something that might appeal to Jaz and possibly even Sammy, a duo called Mirabilis. Sound clips can be sampled here.

Right now I'm revisiting an old record, Roger Waters' The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking. Excellent record, with the guitar work by Eric Clapton, it elevates to pure bliss in spots.

dte I noticed you had Rafferty listed, check out his record 'Night Owl'. Good stuff, the first track, 'Days Gone Down', is an outstanding rock song, IMO.

I've been excited about one track from these folks for a long time. Turns out their other tracks are very good as well.

"Holding the Wrong Hand" by Marine Time Keepers
I've got their cd coming in a toneVendor care package (along with the just-released Tears Run Rings full length). I've been running their MySpace offerings over and over for the last two days. Hopefully the cd will stand up to my ever-increasing expectations. I think "Halfway There" might be my favorite right now.

Last edited:
Just love those Mediaval Baebes! - i left the music cycling for half an hour.
The Scarborough Fair opening lute sound is beautiful. Reminds me of a girl i once met at Scarborough Fair, she had long black hair and played the lute - she taught me some of the most unusual chords!

..........................................................................................
Of all the you-tube offerings this is the 'best sounding' mix spoilt by the very poor lip-sinc'
From the Nocturnals album "This Is Somewhere"
The queen of live rock. Grace Potter - "Apologies"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByUdhNhy9po&feature=related

Back
Top Bottom