Things you don't need to know...

Tried to find Potsdam via Google Maps.
Turned out to be close to the Canadian border, near Cornwall, Ottawa etc. - now where's the German Potsdam ?

Turned out to be close to the Canadian border, near Cornwall, Ottawa etc. - now where's the German Potsdam ?

If you can't find it on Google, it does not exist. Simple as that.

pibbur who trusts Google completely.

Oh, we are cearful, here at the watch. We know the importance of not being seen and we avoid the most obvious hiding places. We try not to overload Jack with work. We won't let Hal read our lips. We see through the beautiful things at the funny farm. And most important: We never let Eugene near our axes.

pibbur who knows what perfume Clarice (usually) wears. And who has sought directions from a Dane, once, and tried following it.

1. Danish wrestler Søren Marinus Jensen won two gold medals at an Olympic Games which is no longer considered to be an Olympic Games
  2. 2012 Olympic synchronized swimmer Samantha Reid is a mermaid
  3. The Japanese Olympic Committee did not like the suggestion that the 1940 Summer Olympics torch relay could go through China. So it didn't.
  4. 2012 Olympian Kelsey Titmarsh is a member of the first Canadian women's rhythmic gymnastics all-around group to qualify for the Olympics. I know what your thinking, filthy!!!

pibbur who wonders if he should invest in a few Swedish crowns (kroner).

On the 23rd of july, a 36 year old man fell asleep on the baggage conveyor belt at Fiumicino Airport in Rome and was later detected on x-ray examination by security. He was drunk.

The position of the man and the projection is not ideal for diagnostics, but he doesn't appear to suffer from pneumonia or congestive heart disease, no accumulation of fluid in the pleural space. His liver seems to be of normal size. His bowels, especially the colon, is a bit distended with air, but no signs of intestinal obstruction. R: No obvious signs of pathology (intoxication is not a radiology diagnosis).

pibbur who won't admit this was a Norwegian. And who would like remind the watch that he is 21 years older than said drunken man from nowhere. And he has never been to Italy.

Last edited:
For those of you still thinking about having children: Don't!! According to Wikipedia, the parental brain is irreversibly dam… eh… changed by the mere experience of living with (your own) children.

Remember: they're doing this to us!!!!

pibbur who bases much of what he writes here on the assumption that his two daughters don't frequent the watch. Sometimes he's mistaken, sometimes with dire consequences, never learning from it.

Episode 6188 of the Australian soap opera Neighbours was broadcast in real-time and featured the exit of Mark Brennan, which I, despite not knowing who MB is and presumably not having seen any of the 124 episodes he's part of and they all speak weird "English" down under anyway, assume is sort of a good thing, somewhat more if you're into male underwear modelling which I am not.

pibbur who wonders if the ozzies could be regarded as the danes of english.

Jane: Are you sure this is a good idea?
Charlene: I'm a Ramsay. We don't think about things like that.

Ugh, it is near Berlin and contains one of the most amazing buildings in germany..... wonders if there is some misunderstood joke in there.....

It's often said or quoted something like this:
"As the pill began to be used for contraceptive purposes, much debate arose about whether or not the approval of the pill directly caused a sexual revolution."

But was it really a new revolution in human society? Every now and then I find out something that leds me into believing we're just reinventing the history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silphium

Interesting. Doubt it would be very efficient (as a contraceptive) compared to today's standard, that requires fairly accurate dosage, adapted to the stages of the 28 day menstrual cycle. But very interesting.

Yes, in some areas we reinvent history (hopefully by improving it), in other areas not. The MRI would not be possible before quantum mechanics and computers and there are no imaging tecnhiques like it.

pibbur who might want to explain how MRI works. Some day.

O M G !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This reminds me of the funny joke, when the president asked the people to tell him what kind of things they actually care about, and all he gets is those kind of things.

Ugh, it is near Berlin and contains one of the most amazing buildings in germany….. wonders if there is some misunderstood joke in there…..

No. There is no Joke.

There is a second Potsdam.

It actually lies in he USA, close to the Canadian border. I have seen it via Google Maps.

And Goole Mps showed it to me when I was using it to show me Potsdam. But I use the English-language version of Google/Google Maps since some time ago (I don't even remember why and how anymore), and this version of Google Maps usually centers its search on the U.S. .

Try this in Google Maps : Potsdam, NY 13676

Rome is also there, and Alexandria.
Zooming out more, I even find : Montpellier, Gloucester, Belfast, Pompey, Sidney, Delhi, Rocester, Brighton ... There are many "old names" in the state of Nww York, it seems to me.

There are quite a lot of "second towns" in the U.S. ! I have seen Cornwall not far away from U.S. Potsdam, too.

Brunswick is located several times in the U.S. . Its name is a direct rendering/translation of German Braunschweig.

But what's even worse is that Google maps claims there is a Bergen both in Germany and in the US!!! Besides, I know from a newspaper report years agod that there's at least one girl in the US called Bergen. Hah!!!

Admittedly, for me, Google Maps chooses Bergen, Norway as default, but these other Bergen wannabees… Humlepunger!!!! (a classical insult from Bergen, Norway. Literally it means bag (pung) of hops (humle).)

pibbur who regrets that the original meaning of said insult is not "scrotum full of bumblebees" ("scrotum" translates to "pung" in Norwegian, and "humle" is also a word for "bumblebee").

Last edited:
This reminds me of the funny joke, when the president asked the people to tell him what kind of things they actually care about, and all he gets is those kind of things.
Funny: yes, Joke: no. It's reality.

Yesterday, I had an unspeakable medical test/procedure proceeded by a day of grueling preparation. The results were good, so apparently I don't have to go through this again for 15 years. I can post photos if you'd like to see what a perfectly healthy (*&^% looks like. ;)

If it is what I think it is and I think it is, preparations can be grueling indeed. Good that you don't have to go through it again soon (and that the result of the procedure was negative - which in med-speak means it was good).

pibbur who probably has examined the same organs using x-rays. And who doesn't find anything related to human bodily structures and functions yecchy.

Back
Top Bottom