Mass Effect 3 - Review Roundup #1

I think I'm officially on wait-for-sale on this one. Enough mediocre reviews IMO plus all of the bad reviews which are probably mostly about Origin has lowered my interest at this point. Just cannot be bothered to pick it up and that steam is not an option lowers my willingness that much more. If I start hearing a lot more positives from this website I may be more willing to pick it up earlier.

I also realized that Origin probably will not put it on sale for months or years at this point but I suppose I'll just have to wait and do something else instead until then.

I also realized that Origin probably will not put it on sale for months or years at this point but I suppose I'll just have to wait and do something else instead until then.

You don't have to purchase it from Origin. Just wait a couple of months and get a retail copy off Ebay. I remember buying ME2 for about $30 only six Weeks after it was released.

I think I'm officially on wait-for-sale on this one. Enough mediocre reviews IMO plus all of the bad reviews which are probably mostly about Origin has lowered my interest at this point. Just cannot be bothered to pick it up and that steam is not an option lowers my willingness that much more. If I start hearing a lot more positives from this website I may be more willing to pick it up earlier.

The only reason i havent bought ME3 yet is simply because Origin is one of the worst platforms i've come across for online purchages. It's terrible, dreadfull, cumbersome.

I've had a few problems with my mass effect 2 cerberus keys being redeemed twice in my online purchage (?!) and i had to give up on that because customer support is beyond terrible, its just abominable. So I Swore to never buy anything on origin/EA again.

As for retails copies, i stoped buying retail over 5 years ago and i buy 99% of my games are on steam. It's not a perfect system but it's a system i have confidence so far and i never had a problem with customer support, it can have my money as to speak.

Origin? never.
Retail? its 2012, don't force me to go back 5 years in my life...

Multiplayer - I will never, ever play multiplayer. I see enough of other people during the working day without having to interact with them when I chill out. If EA wants to make some single player content obtainable only by multiplayer means thats up to them, but it makes me less inclined to buy their product.

I can understand your opinion.

Sometimes, one just wants to shut oneself off.

However, playing MP with *friends* can be a funny thing, I've learned.
But I rarely did so so far (not counting the very first MMO I'm playing right now.)

Usually I'm too shy for grouping either.

And that's one of the positive points of exclusively singleplayer games : The ability to relish a game without being disturbed by someone else, for example.

Multiplayer totally destroys that feeling of being able to recuperate from a long day.

My wife was going to get this for me as a gift, I told her no way do not give that company our hard earned money. EA needs to feel the pinch of the resession, instead they raise prices during hard times. Everyone has to feel the consequences for their actions, even EA.

Again, this is not an MMO. It has 4 co-op multiplayer mode, it seems. However, the multiplayer mode seems to be different from the multiplayer mode in older Bioware games e.g Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights. Apparently Bioware has made multi-player a combat mode where you kill waves after waves after waves of enemies.

Isn't there usually also such features as capture the flag etc. in MP mode?

Lots of user hate on Metacritic… probably just haters, a majority giving 0 or 1 out of 10. :S

Yeah the internet has ruined "grading."

Everything on Netflix is rated 3 stars on a 1 2 3 4 5 scale. Kind of happens when you have millions of opinions that run the whole scale.

Yeah the internet has ruined "grading."

Everything on Netflix is rated 3 stars on a 1 2 3 4 5 scale. Kind of happens when you have millions of opinions that run the whole scale.

I feel that imdb.com usually gives some good information about a movie by its rating. Well, not necessarily that it's any good, but usually if it's either incredibly terrible, very popular, well-made, unusual or classic. I don't judge ratings by how high they are, but by what they mean in the given context. Therefore, I usually need ratings from multiple sources, both professional as user ratings and both good and bad, to get any idea of the value of a title. That is just the ratings, of course. It doesn't tell me everything, but it's a fast way to get some idea.

Back
Top Bottom