Elder Scrolls Online - Loyalty Program

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The website of The Elder Scrolls Online has a new post with information about a Subscriber Loyalty Program from ZeniMax Online. Here are the details.

Since launch, we’ve loved sharing the adventure of ESO with you as you explore ever-growing Tamriel. There’s so much more on the horizon, but we think it’s important to give some special recognition to those of you who have already been there every step of the way.

Starting in September, we’ll begin emailing all eligible paid subscribers about the first of our loyalty rewards. Every paid account that has been subscribed for three months (excluding game time included with your purchase of ESO and any additional complimentary game time) will receive a High Hrothgar Wraith vanity pet that will let you show your dedication to saving Tamriel wherever you adventure in-game. The loyalty program will keep expanding over time, so keep an eye out for more tokens of our gratitude if you’re a longtime player. Our next reward will be granted for those who have subscribed for six months—we’ll reveal it to you soon.

If you haven’t kept your subscription active, don’t worry. You’ll still be able to get the pets and other upcoming rewards once you meet the requirements. Stick with us, and you’ll have quite the collection to show off before long.
More information.

A virtual pet?

Um...
Let's see. EA gave Sims2 for free on Origin and Sims3+Pets expansion is super cheap on keyresellers.
For those into virtual pets.

For those into material stuff... I paid probably the highest shipping prices for Bethesda store items. Twice. No other store, anywhere not just USA, has shipping cost that exotically high. And I just received D:OS T-shirt, it's awsome and Larian didn't make any fuss about it nor is calling something "loyal".

So what is Bethesda doing here? Hoping people are stupid or something else?
Can someone explain this to me please, I'm a bit ignorant on marketing schemes.

1st rule of marketting is people only want what you tell them they want. As a general rule there are very few seperate demographics that matter. They market to the largest demographic they can push a product to. Pixel crack lovers dominate the market at the moment.

So what is Bethesda doing here? Can someone explain this to me please, I'm a bit ignorant on marketing schemes.

First thing I thought when I read this was that they're maybe losing subscribers too fast. But it's just a guess.

Sorry for me being evil but I really hope they do.
Get back on singleplayer RPGs!

This is something most MMOs have, and it's sort of a minimal effort way of trying to make people happy.

It's completely standard practice.

Back
Top Bottom