Alrik's Games Com 2013 Snippets

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hello,

here comes in no partiucular order what I found out (it's considerable less than last year) :

• Epic Mickey 2 will appear on the PC - only when, that is the question.
  • Rayman Legends will appear on the PC, too. Single-player as well.
  • Warner Brothers Software or how they are called do on online game based on Lego Chima.
  • They also do an Marvel Heroes Lego Game.
  • Rebate Codes for Rise Of Venice (from the "The Patrician" makers" and for Demonicon in the Pricewatch thread. Only valid for www.amazon.de and only until late September this year.
  • Demonicon was playable full in English language.
  • Found this : "the turtletubes : youtube.com/TheTurtleTubes - seemingly by Turtle, this hardware company.
  • The Presenter presenting the new Thief game (by Silver Style, I think) actually mentioned twice the word "action sequences".
  • The person (a developer ?) of the above mentioned Chima game was actually very polite and told me that the game is currently in beta stage and that they'll listen to comments if you try the beta out, too. Some advices from players will most likely be implemernted in the game later, he said to me.
  • Soundblaster/Creative : New : Earphones with soundcards build in !
  • Other soundcards can nowadays reach the look and almost the size of modern graphics cards …
  • One product can be tested which isn't even out yet …(Estimated release : End of August.)
  • Never seen such an desktop shell for windows before : ww.3deaspacesys.com I found this quite innovative !
  • Competition or so : "mifcom.de" or "facebook.de/mifcom" (it's an hardware company)
  • There are 2 Might & Magic online games there, too : One of them is a card game called "Duel Of Champions"
  • There's an "Halo Champions Bundle" thing, too, but I don't know what this is. Google says it's an expansion of some sorts.
  • Said Duel Of Chamions is F2P, too. Needs an "UPlay Account", though, it seems. Never used UPlay, so I don't really know what this is.
  • Odd : "The Epic Mighty Quest For Loot" or how it was called. It's almost an satire on modern Action-RPGs.
  • MMX : Old school RPG gaming galore ! :)
  • Disney has launched their Skylanders clone : "Disney Infinity". Was playable for/with Wii U.
  • Is said to be coming to all ? consoles, no PC, though.
  • These figures also look like tiny statuettes. Cute.
  • Asking very, very, very, very, very, very, very politely and nicely can get you an specimen of Tropico 3. ;)
  • Tropico 5 is announced, but not playable. Missed the presentation.
  • Booth had Tropico music playing there, too. ;)
  • The Retro Gaming areas is much, much, much bigger than in the years before !
  • Didn't see any Indies that I recognized - if there were any at all.
  • They sell now earplugs against the noise in the hallls (at the "clearing" counters, 50 Cent per pair).
  • I'll try to get more info on other games tomorrow.

Alrik

It's a mere disc, nothing more, and I'm too tired to make a photo of it now.
Tomorrow I'll check whether my photos are good enough for publishing here.

No no, put tomorrow's notes first please, photos can wait till next year! ;)

Did you visit EA:Inquisition by any chance? Is the new DA game a mix of Skyrim and Fable as some sites suggest (reading between likes: mobrespawn-o-rama) or is turning into a soap opera Maxislike (btw Sims4 trailer from gamescom is available on youtube).

U-Play is to Ubisoft as Origin is to EA. Only U-Play doesn't work quite as well.

I wonder if X:Rebirth would be at an Egosoft booth or tucked away in some corner of Deep Silver's booth? Well, either way, some wandering would be appreciated!

Sure. Uplay never said their "top agents" are working on whatever.

I'll try to visit EA today, and I can look out for Egosoft as well (if i can find it).

It's so sad that the smaller the company, the less likely it is in the public area.
Really small game making companies are only to be found in the "professional zone", to which I have no access.

The bigger companies dominate all of these halls. It's like an Oligarchy, in some halls most definitively.

I find this sad.

A word about the hordes of visitors : It's gotten to a point where it isn't funny anymore. If things go on like this, I'll keep away from the Games Com in the following years.

And they need a bit more training in terms of crowd control, too.

Everythings become more crowded these years. The only area where it was relatively quiet and like in "ye olde days" of the Games Com was the MMX area.

I heard Crafty Studios (Realms of Arkania HD) will be there? It would be interesting to hear what they have to say, after their disastrous launch (I am surprised they even show up there).
Anyway, have a fun day.

@Alrik

Please ask the MM X devs for these points of critique:

• Day/night cycle to fast
  • enemy moves too slow
  • party > 4 would be nice
  • better (sharper) /greater fonts
  • finding food would be nice (loot or in the nature)
  • the NPCs need a bit more text to get a personality
  • it would be nice to see what items each party member can use at the shop

@Alrik

Please ask the MM X devs for these points of critique:

• Day/night cycle to fast
  • enemy moves too slow
  • party > 4 would be nice
  • better (sharper) /greater fonts
  • finding food would be nice (loot or in the nature)
  • the NPCs need a bit more text to get a personality
  • it would be nice to see what items each party member can use at the shop

Just curious: Does the public beta not have any built-in tools for bug/feedback submission? Or do they have a (closed) beta forum?
Of course, I don't mind at all if you use Alrik for submitting these questions and issues but don't they have better and more direct ways for you beta testers to contact them directly?

Just curious: Does the public beta not have any built-in tools for bug/feedback submission? Or do they have a (closed) beta forum?
Of course, I don't mind at all if you use Alrik for submitting these questions and issues but don't they have better and more direct ways for you beta testers to contact them directly?

They have a forum for that - too lazy to look for it 'til now...

A personal meeting with Alrik will stay in their mind ... i think :)

Crafty Studios were at their publisher's booth in the business center.

X:Rebirth was playable at the Deep Silver booth. Only 1 station, but at a very promonent place directly at the hall's main entrance. Next to it were 3 PCs with the new DSA adventure by Daedalic.
Deep Silver / Koch Media do a lot of distribution work. Actually they're (at least) Europe's biggest independent distributor. So a lot of games not sold under Deep Silver brand were shown there. Rome 2 and the next Thief for example.

There is the IndieArena booth with 10 German indie games (either upcoming or already released), at Hall 9, Booth A-045.
An Indie MegaBooth will come next year. This organisation already had a small booth in the BC.

And Cloud Imperium Games (Star Citizen) are hosted by Crytek so if anyone wants to check out what Chris Roberts & co are up to, then head to the Crytek booth. They might only be in the closed Business Center area though so you might need press credentials.

There is the IndieArena booth with 10 German indie games (either upcoming or already released), at Hall 9, Booth A-045.

Sorry, saw that too late.

In the MMX booth - keep in mind that I have only access to the public one - I couldn't see signs of developers. At least no-one seemed to me to be like that. ;)

The employees there were very friendly/politely, though.

A few photos of mine until I begin with my impressions from yesterday :

Attachments

• Wolfen Monster_1.jpg
    Wolfen Monster_1.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Wolfen Monster _2.jpg
    Wolfen Monster _2.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Castlevania_2.jpg
    Castlevania_2.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Pandas.jpg
    Pandas.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 48
  • Pandas_2.jpg
    Pandas_2.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 48
More photos :

Attachments

• Retro Pinball.jpg
    Retro Pinball.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 19
  • HOMM Online.jpg
    HOMM Online.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 18
  • MMX.jpg
    MMX.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Destiny.jpg
    Destiny.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Ryse_Rome.jpg
    Ryse_Rome.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 15
Last Batch :

Attachments

• Castlevania_2.jpg
    Castlevania_2.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Titan EA.jpg
    Titan EA.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Earphones.jpg
    Earphones.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 15
  • The title "Ryre of Rome" made me wonder whether this was by Crytek ? You know, they always have an "y" in their titles …
  • What actually blew me away as the far most creative game of everything I've seen there was "contrast" ! Take a look at it ! It's like some kind of jump & run game - and you use shadows as platforms ! It also tells a story … Everything's styled so in an 20s of the last Century style …
  • Skylanders are one step ahead of the industry : You will soon be able to swap upper body with lowe body …
  • www.the-art-of-games.com is selling prints of game art - rebate code from their "fact sheert" or how this is called : TAOGGC2013 - no idea how long it lasts (no dates given)
  • New kind of earphones : They send the sound directly via your earbones : "vivitouch"
  • Noomix - comic-like shooter multi-platform : For Lin, Win, Mac - noomix.at - not much else information on their pamphlet
  • Sound Of Games -> downloadable songs during the Games Com : www.sound-of-games.com/media/the-pride-of-the-celts.mp3 - haven't found the other one I knew anymore. It's in the official Games Com magazine.
  • This above mentiones sond is described as being for a game called "Celtic Tribes" and is said that the makers used "authentic Celtic instruments" (the archaeologist in me shudders) and that they let a "female master soprano sing Celtic texts".
  • Creatures Online was there, too !

Okay, I think that's it for now …

PS4 specs according to the fact sheet handed out at the Games Com :

• CPU : "user-defined [?] 1-chip processor, CPU = 8-core X86-64 AMD "Jaguar" with small energy consumption"
  • GPU = 1,84 Teraflops, AMD Radeon engine, next generation
  • Memory = GDDR5 8 GB
  • Harddisk = 500 GB, BD/DVD Drive (write-protected) BD 6xCAV, DVD 8xCAV [what's "cav" ?]
  • Input/Output = Super-Speed USBx (USB3.9-Port x2, AUX-Port x1,
  • Communication = Ethernet (10Base-T, 100Base-TX, 1000Base-T), IEEE 802,11 b/g/n [what does this bgn mean ?], Bluetooth 2.1 (EDR) [what does EDR mean ?]
  • AV-Output = HDMI, Digital output (optical) [?]
  • Camera
  • Mono speaker & headset, pluggable, "High-Fidelity" [how is that possible with Mono ?]
  • Dualshock 4
  • App
  • "Remote-play" with Pc Vita

Attended an small SWTOR event as well.
The USB drive (everyone got one) tells me that more Varactyl mounts might be coming, and Dewback mounts as well. Additional Tauntaun mounts, too. Astromech droid pets (half the size of the in-game Astromechs) are coming, too. All of these were concept drawings, though.

Back
Top Bottom