Dragon Age 3 - The Next Generation

There was really no competition for this kind of game when they released the first 2. With kickstarter now though there will be a lot of party based tactical RPG's.

So if they want my money they need to come up with something astronomically better than DA2.

I remember waiting in line for the midnight release of DA2 thinking what an amazing game it was going to be. It didn't take long before I realized that I wasted my money and time.

What attracted me to Dragon Age was that it was to be a "spiritual successor" to Baldurs's Gate. DA 1 was successful because of that. DA2 went in an entirely different direction. I suspect a lot of people feel that same.

I hope they go back to the DA1 formula and improve on that.

What attracted me to Dragon Age was that it was to be a "spiritual successor" to Baldurs's Gate. DA 1 was successful because of that. DA2 went in an entirely different direction. I suspect a lot of people feel that same.

I hope they go back to the DA1 formula and improve on that.

It would be more accurate to say that DA:O was successful "on the PC" because of that. The tactical combat was not very console friendly and that was one of the game's main criticisms for gamers that played on the PS3 and 360.

DA:2 went too far in the opposite direction. According to what they said at E3, DA:I will be a midpoint between the two.

If it means bringing back some of the tactical aspects of DA:O, while keeping some of the dynamic action of DA:2, I'd be happy.

The game will probably be about a cretin who has to purify the world by nailing Flemmeth. Somewhere in the middle of the gameplay that cretin will learn that Flemmeth is not the most dangerous threat and will start following another cause. During that time he or she will, as it's now a custom, develop a romance, this time with same/different gender options animals and abominations are included.

And it all takes place in 1 house, right?:lol:

More like DA II moved away from what made the original so good, and tried to become yet another generic dark & gritty console action game with RPG elements (i.e. Mass Effect) … and flopped and was thrashed critically … so now they are 'combining the two' by backpedaling while still catering to the dumbed down console crowd.

Yup

And their pressors ain't helping any.

I was hoping that the whole team put together to make this game was made to play the withcer and the witcher 2 5 plus times. As DA was a good game not a great game but a good game and there was room to make DA2 a great game.

Now from what I have seen of this game they have miss the market yet again hoping that we are all morons with our money. This on the heals of trying to come out of the worst time since the 1930's. I do mean trying as many countries and people are not.

Though it would not make me happy to see EA fail completely as a company, it might put a huge smile on my face if every console user grew a brain and stopped playing their 2 hour games...

Back
Top Bottom