Project Eternity - Post-Funding Update #66

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Project Eternity has a new post-funding update with news about baker rewards, and a dev Q&A with Lead Environment Artist Hector Espinoza.

A year already...

Unbelievably, a year has passed by since we launched Project Eternity on Kickstarter, and a lot has happened. We’re almost to seventy project updates; we’ve made lots of levels, characters, classes, monsters, loot, and a whole lot more over the past year with more being made almost every day.

November’s right around the corner, and here in the States, we have an upcoming holiday called Thanksgiving near the end of the month. It’s supposed to be a time where we give thanks for the harvest and reflect on the past year.

It seemed rather appropriate to have a bigger than normal update coming before this holiday and we’re cooking a big one for you! This turkey dinner is going to be large and in charge... It’ll show a bunch of new stuff we haven’t shown anyone outside the studio yet and one of the side dishes coming with it is the new site.

Backer Website: Main and Media Pages

All of our previous updates are now easily available in one place, easy to browse through and include futuristic RSS technology! We’ve also got a one-stop shop for all of the screenshots, wallpapers, artwork, and videos that we’ve released and will release.

Backer Website: Pledge and Rewards Pages

On the left here, you can make sure all of the pledges you made are connected to your account. If you backed the game on Kickstarter and then later added money via PayPal, you can make sure that’s all been confirmed. If it doesn’t show up, you can link it in by providing the e-mail addresses you used if they don’t match.

…and then, confirm that your reward is correct, or maybe even upgrade if you like! Did you give maybe give us more money thinking you chose one reward tier but accidentally chose a lower one? No problem, you can fix that up. Oh, and slacker backers… you might have some upgrade opportunities… :) Onward is the addon screen where you can browse through the available addons and confirm those choices as well.

Backer Website: Add-on and Game Info Pages

Then finalize everything! Don’t worry, even though you’ll be confirming your pledge selections, if you picked up physical rewards, you’ll be able to change your shipping address up to the point where we need to lock them. You’ve got plenty of time, and we’ll keep that open as long as we possibly can in case you move or want to have your stuff shipped elsewhere.

On the right there is our “Game” section of the site, where over the coming months more information and art about the various races, classes, characters, critters, and locations of interest in the game can be found.

OK, we’ll be back in a few short weeks… For those of you who have designs as part of your rewards, get your thinking caps on!
More information.

''introducing obsidian's pillars of eternity'' secound picture middle left. Is it what I think it is?
That is the first pic of the backer page and its right side

''introducing obsidian's pillars of eternity'' secound picture middle left. Is it what I think it is?
That is the first pic of the backer page and its right side
Could be but until it's confirmed I'm not changing the title. They always said Project Eternity was a place holder.

Could you clarify? What do you mean?

Could you clarify? What do you mean?
The game is probably going to be renamed "Pillars of Eternity" based on the screens. Obsidian hasn't confirmed it yet though so it's not official. They have said before that Project Eternity was not the final name for the game.

Click the picture to see the name change.

Pillars of Eternity.png
C6m0bJBfnwdzAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Ah, thx. I didn't get it. :)

The backer page isn't live yet. That was just a preview.

Could be but until it's confirmed I'm not changing the title. They always said Project Eternity was a place holder.

From the comments:

i thinks pillars of eternerty is the backers portal since we a the pillars/foundation of the game

Makes sense to me.

Meh you guys are to picky. I already said it's not confirmed anyway.;) Doesn't change the fact the games title will change at some point.

Last edited:
The backers page is long overdue. Glad to see it's finally ready to make an appearance.

BTW, check out the full message for a partial before & after shot of the Stronghold. It's a WiP and hasn't gone through the final touch up stage yet, but it still looks pretty darn good.

It does!

Back
Top Bottom