And this is why the American media is pathetic.

I tried to register with Pinnen as a reference and was denied? Anyone that Remembers RPGDot should be ashamed…
I want to comment on the NSA as it seems to be understood here. It is obviously perpetuating a 4th amendment violation but must Americans to not realize that it is doing so. Most do not watch the God awful news here enough to know what is going on.

Heh heh...

It's as if the "tenets" of The View & Whoopi Goldberg are now CNN's own - some sort of old wives' club of rumor and gossip mongering. Except our society is so brain-addled that it just ain't "old wives" anymore!!

A year or two ago, The Daily Show had a segment on CNN's investigative journalists. Apparently, CNN does not have any investigators any more. None. Zero. They just rely on rumors and hearsay now. They might have some amount of fact checking, like an intern Googling, but no real experts out there uncovering the truth. It's pretty sad.

Our news is now:

50% Trending Topics
25% The Inquirer
25% Actual News (not well reported)

I generally go to the BBC site for news nowadays.

Looks like Neil Postman's "Amusing ourselves to death" already taking place.

Yes, you get multi-million contracts. Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck spew right-wing lies, and get richly rewarded by corporate US. Yay for bought and paid for free speech!

So, no one on the left is making money off of politics? The left-leaning (leaning being a drastic understatement) media and entertainment mega industries are hurting for money? How many real jobs did Obama and Clinton have (or pretty much any politican)? How much is each worth? But, of course, corporations only contribute to the right and the Koch brothers outspend everyone. Of course. The media said so. It takes so little to actually open your mind. Nothing is going to get better until people stop being so fanatically barrow-minded. This, “my side is the good side so can do nothing wrong,” mindset really has to stop (for both sides). http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php?order=A
As you can see, the first donor to make over 80% of their donations to Republicans is the NRA and is the 53rd down. The first equivalent to ActBlue is the Koch brothers (59th down) and they still donated 8% to Democrats, whereas ActBlue is all Democrats.
The Christie scandal should be a big deal to any fair minded person. Why can’t this be a two-way street? Why are the scandals on the other side of the isle never reported on? Why does everyone left of center minimize them or justify things that should make every American outraged?

Plenty of people denied McCarthyism during its hey-day. Or downplayed it because they thought it was great. When the government is targeting people who disagree with them with the IRS or other government agencies or entities, there is a real big issue. Just as there would be a huge issue in reverse. The country is at all all-time high for willful ignorance and corruption. Senator Feinstein’s husband is making billions with a federal contract he should never have been able to bid on due to conflicting interests, and the NYT doesn’t even report it. They totally skirt it, because the media protects its own. http://www.accuracy.org/release/nyt...s-husband-profiting-from-manufactured-crisis/

NEVER underestimate the American people!! :)

NEVER underestimate the American people!! :)
Hey I resent that and you have offended me good sir.:shakefist:

Now don't make me pull out the Australian map according to Americans. :p

I'm wondering how cattle can interfere with the ecology of the desert turtle. That was the one thing missing from the news articles.

I'm wondering how cattle can interfere with the ecology of the desert turtle. That was the one thing missing from the news articles.
I believe the enviro-nuts are claiming that the cows trash the nesting grounds via crapping around the water and stepping on things. Because, of course, that sort of thing never happens in "real" nature since animals are so very conscientious with their hygiene and always watch where they step.

Of course, there's a higher density of crappers and squashers in the desert with modern cattle ranching, but don't let reality get in the way...

There are two issues (at least)
- The legalities, which really isn't the topic of this thread ... and honestly is a closed book. The guy is wrong, 100%, proven, not even up for debate. He has been breaking the law and stealing for decades.
- The press coverage. This one I think is actually pretty decent - we see the bumbling idiots of our government, we see the moron who would be dead by now if his skin was a different color, we see the dangerous terroristic cultists who call themselves 'patriots' as they point weapons at federal agents attempting to enforce an already open-and-shut case (again, the legalities are not even worth debating ... and again, if this was the inner city and had a weapon pointed at a law official ... oh wait, you don't even need a weapon!)

So I don't think that this is nearly as much an issue of the media being the problem as the actual players in this tragic opera which is costing all of us millions.

I can't directly disagree with any of txa1265's points, but I feel someone should point out the partiality displayed in the condemnation of Bundy and his 'Boys'.

Benghazi - Mortars, RPGs, Belt Fed Machine Guns, 4 American's dead - "Spontaneous Protest"

Nidal Hasan's Jihad - 100+ Shots fired, 13 dead, 29 wounded - "Workplace Violence"

Bundy Protest - 0 Shots fired, 0 Fatalities, 0 Injuries - "Domestic Terrorism"

The American Government & Media are clearly sending a message.

Back
Top Bottom