Witcher Cutscene Heaven or Hell?

The Witcher
I'll look further into the Alchemy. Its not that strait forward.

I've run up against the critical, consequence decisions. Very impressive! I really don't know what to do because its such a gray area. Support the rebels, they seem to have a cause. Support the Templars, they may be bigots but they are technically "good". What a choice! Kill the Fish Warrior... I can't do it! (Don't tell me...)

I'll have to decide soon. Again... very impressive!

Oh and the combat with signs is very cool afterall. Best sequence yet was using Aard against some assassins that came out of gutter. Loved it. Especially when Geralt cuts the throat of one in a finishing move with a huge spray of gore. :) :)

I've run up against the critical, consequence decisions. Very impressive! I really don't know what to do because its such a gray area. Support the rebels, they seem to have a cause. Support the Templars, they may be bigots but they are technically "good". What a choice! Kill the Fish Warrior... I can't do it! (Don't tell me...)

Yeah the critical choice aspect was great, I'm already looking forward to playing the game a second time so I can see the outcome of different choices. I went Neutral during my first playthrough, but I think I'm gonna go with the Scoia’tael my second time around.

The finishing moves were one of my favorite parts of the game. Just when I thought I had seen them all, Geralt would surprise me by doing another one that I had not previously seen.

What really bugged me in my first playthrough were the invisible walls around some of the areas that stopped me from going from point A to point B withough trekking trough the map twice (I am especially eyeing the swamp area in the 2nd chapter). Otherwise the game was a blast, I especially liked the alchemy - it really is deeper that it seems at first. There's a ton of options like what base to use and what ingredients since there was a whole lot of difference b/n a potion with and without them. Well, on some of the potions for sure. The only things that's a bit irksome in the alchemy part is that you can't discover new recipies by trial and error.

I'll look further into the Alchemy. Its not that strait forward.
I especially liked the alchemy - it really is deeper that it seems at first. There's a ton of options like what base to use and what ingredients since there was a whole lot of difference b/n a potion with and without them. Well, on some of the potions for sure. The only things that's a bit irksome in the alchemy part is that you can't discover new recipies by trial and error.
Alchemy is interesting once you are accustomed to but it's counter intuitive at first as some people here have already mentioned, I guess, though.

Oh and the combat with signs is very cool afterall. Best sequence yet was using Aard against some assassins that came out of gutter. Loved it. Especially when Geralt cuts the throat of one in a finishing move with a huge spray of gore. :) :)
Aard is good but personally, I found signs outside of Aard and Igni are quite useless. I must say that signs are not well-balanced. Speaking of the balance of the development system, I think ability scores are more privileged than skills although they cost the same amount of points.

What really bugged me in my first playthrough were the invisible walls around some of the areas that stopped me from going from point A to point B withough trekking trough the map twice (I am especially eyeing the swamp area in the 2nd chapter).
I took it that Gearalt cannot swim that he cannot get in the places where water is too deep for him. Also, I think it must be related with the restriction of Aurora Engine. I had been also frustrated at first but, once accustomed to, I found it rather interesting restriction for combat play in the swamp area.

Some minor things frustrate me in the Witcher although the content in whole is definitely worth playing, IMO. That said, I wish CDProject Red good luck with the console version since, generally speaking, average gamers must be less impatient than their PC counterparts are.

I upgraded Aard and now I wish I hadnt. The Endurance cost has gone through the roof. Where I could use it 2 or 3 times in protracted combat before without a potion now I can use it once.

Guess its time to churn out tons of potions.

I upgraded Aard and now I wish I hadnt. The Endurance cost has gone through the roof. Where I could use it 2 or 3 times in protracted combat before without a potion now I can use it once.

I'm not sure because it has been a long time ago for me. But can't you still use the fast version (by clicking only quickly instead of waiting for load up) without the loading time and the power of the upgraded version?

You may be interested in Damar's Definitive Guide to Witcher Signs. However, basically, I recommend you to try out by yourself. I intentionally kept some points and saved before I invested them. At least, in normal mode, it shouldn't be a problem.

And plan your next upgrades. It's possible both to decrease the Endurance cost, increase your Endurance, and increase the speed at which it regenerates. Remember: a well-round Witcher is an effective Witcher...

Back
Top Bottom