PS1 Memory Cards Do you speak it?

Thoth

Sentinel
I recently came across my old Playstation 1, but I can't find my memory cards. I was wondering about some of these third party ones that have flooded ebay. They're like 1 dollar, but are they worth it? I mean, do they work? I'd like to be able to save my gaaaaaame!

Buying a 3rd party memory card is a bit like buying a lottery ticket. Sometimes you will get one that works just as well as the real thing, but often you will end up with a piece of junk that will wipe your memory data after a while.

(speaking from experience with my GameCube memory card. The first one I got still works, and has not wiped anything, my second and 3rd ones on the other hand have been relegated to the electronics recycling station)

I have two Logic 3 memory cards that I bought over about a decade ago and they're still working well, and they have 4 times the capacity of the official ones. Before that though, I had a no-brand card that deleted my saves.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I'll spend a little extra for something that works.

Back
Top Bottom