The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

That's right, pick on the old man again!! :p

What about recording all (or one of) your sessions ? Might be interesting to know what you guys are upto, and to see some DDO gameplay (of how it was meant to be played) . It can be an official (weekly) feature on the watch :p

Interesting idea. Although I never did it and thus don't know how it works. Fraps or what was it ?

What about recording all (or one of) your sessions ? Might be interesting to know what you guys are upto, and to see some DDO gameplay (of how it was meant to be played) . It can be an official (weekly) feature on the watch :p

That could be tricky for some of us. We have to start behaving. :p

Last edited:
Well, the Old Man will do it, I said so.......:cm: nuff said.........

If someone can and knows how to do a record we should just be ourselves..........I am always sweet...........

Anyway, I am planning to play Friday......however I have family coming in so check here for a last min change in that plan that comes up beyond my control.

Well, the Old Man will do it, I said so…….:cm: nuff said………

If someone can and knows how to do a record we should just be ourselves……….I am always sweet………..

Anyway, I am planning to play Friday……however I have family coming in so check here for a last min change in that plan that comes up beyond my control.

Hmmmm......I'm notorious for NEVER doing what I'm told; Cm is usually as sweet as a lemon; and Peter couldn't behave himself if he tried, just ask Jo!! :p :) I think our sessions might break some posting restrictions if aired here so I don't see it happening. Picture this common event: we're in the middle of a major battle when one of Jo's cats not only jumps on her keyboard, but turns her monitor off as well. Such language is definitely not allowed here!! :)

We just need a skilled editor who can bleeb out all those words. It would go something like.....................Let's take out this room first..........bleeping cat just knocked over my mic again............Peter I said there was a trap...........Who opened that bleeping door? Now we have a mob..........I'm dying over here people..........I just fell again bleepit......Where are you at...........I told you I was dying..........Stay together bleepit.......I said it was trapped bleepit......come back or you don't get the bleeping buffs..........

Yes, that sounds fairly accurate, except for forgetting CAT!!!!!!!!! Argh!!!!!! :)

I'm a foreigner so playing with all of you is very good for learning the nuances of the English language regarding swear words. My vocabulary has increased a lot, especially if someone mentions anything bad about cats. Fortunately I'm a cat lower myself so I'm not the victim of such words. At least I wasn't the clever one who called one of his toons Dhedcat. :lol:

Edit: Dhedkhat. :)

I prefer to say nice :kitty: when one of Jm's kittens walks on her keyboard and sends me a skype message. Her kittens are masters in typing. :lol:

Last edited:
That's Dhedkhat, please get the name correct!! :p :)

I think the biggest reason a certain lady is angry with me regarding traps is that my cleric and pallies have got so many hitpoints now that they don't care about traps anymore. So they just ignore the warnings and move to get through them.

Sometimes I hear words of frustration when my toon actually died from the trap. Then I hear her say "Peter, I TOLD you there was a trap there. Why don't you ever listen". I have a feeling I will get a huge bill in my mail saying I have to pay for the ulcer she will eventually get. :smug:

:lol:

I'm a foreigner, too ! :lol:

Besides, new stuff in the DDO shop : http://www.ddo.com/us/ddostore/sales-a-promotions

In detail : http://www.ddo.com/us/ddostoresale

There's a 10% discount on "the shopping cart", too - with an coupon code "DDOMK10"
The Arti can be freely built - and later bought
Currently + 25% experience points
And a few more things.

Free item of the week : "Greater Elixir Of Guild Renown", Coupon Code : GGRE56
One per account.

With this plus a bit good luck we might be able to hit level 60 this weekend.

I've been pugging with one of the "friends" from the last time - the one person I quested with mostly is named "Sophienne", and doesn't seem to have much of a clue right now. She (?) told me that she had bought a rat in thge DDO store because she had hoped it could act as a mule - almost literally.

She also told me that she had been booted ? from her guild - so now she seeks a new one.

I'm not sure what to think of her (?). Seems still friendly, but has the habit of zerging. The female warrior played by this player almost died because of zerging too fast, and I told the player why this was imho kind of wrong. Several times. I do hope this person learns.

This player often teams up with another German-language player called Jammees.

I don't have the impression as if I knew this player good enough, but if this impression remains positive, I recommend her (?) for a guild invite.

I'm still not sure, though, because I seldom have seen a person being that clueless. But Beginners are like that sometimes.

Well, it was some fun anyway.

Ah, yes, and my LFM for doing Kobold Assault with my wizard for the very first time this evening:

"Incompetent Wizard seeks hazard and danger! For Hope & Glory! Dying possible!"

;)

I guess she can join our guild if she creates an account on www.rpgwatch.com. Corwin is adamant that guildmembers have to be RPG Watch members too unless they are friends with an existing RPG Watch guild member. If you vouch for her then I guess it's ok with Corwin, but he has to say so himself.

I'm sure Azraelck and me would love a new guildie who knows how to zerg. :devil:

Joke aside, as long as she seems to be willing to learn and listen to well meant advise I don't have anything against adding her.

I think it's important that she enjoys the game and is willing to stay for awhile. It's not fun getting a new guild member and see the person disappear at about level 5 or so.

Last edited:
Right now I don't quite understand the new DDO Market.

My understanding so far is as following :

It is ONLY for online buying of

- Turbine Points
- The Expansion Pack

for now. I almost expext that other packs might follow there one day.

Now, since this Market is newly opened, there appears to be a discount of 10 % there (using the coupon code of DDOMK10).

The questions I have now are :

- Do these 10 % apply to the current Bonus POints thing (that goes until May, 31st), too ? http://www.ddo.com/ddostorepointpromo

Edit : No, these Bonus Points seem only to apply for the IN-game DDO Store.
As far as I have understood it, NOT to the new Market.

- Do these 10 % apply to the Expansion Packs, too ? Because then they would get a bit cheaper.

However, I think that they are still a bit too far away from me, level-wise. It is very tempting to buy at least the base pack, sine with these 10% off it reaches almost the same price as reguilar Turbine Point Cards I can buy here in Gamestop shops.

But on the other hand I'm not sure what kind of payment is accepted there. And you know how conservative I am … ;)

Edit : Could it be that the Expansion will one day perhaps cost the same amount of Turbine Points (roughly) than Turbine Point Cards cost ? I just thought this, because the prices of the Base Edition and the 20 € TP Cards are so much similar ...

The problem is that none of us likely know anything about the German TP cards you buy. WE all just buy points from the DDO store when they have their special bundles which are VERY cheap!!

The expansions various quest packs, as well as Druid, will be in the ddo store come U15. As to how much things cost, like Corwin said most of us just buy points from the ddo store. I have no idea how a points card works out, price wise.

Well, after most of y'all fled for the hills, JM, Dte, and myself took it upon ourselves to kill something in Shavarath. 15 deaths later, we completed Sins of Attrition.

Largely, this quest shows why it's good to have a heavy focus on hitpoints. The Orthons there do 80-90 damage, per hit, and love their cleaves in melee. They do around 30 at range, multiplied by three due to using repeating crossbows. Poor Mariannelle couldn't stand in melee, getting chopped down rapidly by the incoming spike damage. Botdu likewise fell whenever he got pushed into the melee. Rachail could stand only a moment before needing healing, and she's around 580hp.

The killer is those Cleaves, rendering anyone in the wild mess of a melee that occurs in those halls very vulnerable. Mariannelle's 370hp wasn't sufficient to stand up when 3 or 4 Orthons all took a cleave at once.

However, what stood out and impressed me the most were the Onyx Panthers JM and I summoned. With 638hp on tap, and evasion, and enough AC to mitigate much of the incoming damage, they were nearly impossible to kill. At one point, mine had at least 4 negative levels, judging by the number or restoration scrolls I used, and still managed to bring down an Orthon solo. They also seem to have, and use, Intimidate often, enabling us to catch a breather occasionally. Quite frankly, we could have ditched Klin for another one. Klin died around 30 times. Every minor fight, he died. The Panthers did not die once.

In the end, Bot's skills as a combat healer, Rachail's ability to use scrolls, and the Panthers' innate durability helped carry the day. I burned through 10 Raise Dead, and 41 Heal scrolls. At one point, I used my Panther to carry mine and Mariannelle's soulstones back down to the Shrine, and JM did the same later. After such a difficult battle, the end fight was trivial; I grabbed aggro quickly, letting Mariannelle get her lovely SA damage. Boss went down fast at that point.

I did get a Superior Potency VI/Wizardry VI necklace. On a pure Fighter that, if my TR plans were followed, would be a Rogue next life, or possibly Barbarian if my time in the trapper duty as Pump makes me decide against that role again.

Back
Top Bottom