Atari and Australia - Why the Delays?

Badesumofu

Sentinel
As many of you may be aware, MotB only hit stores in Australia a few days ago, and The Witcher doesn't look like being available until the 14th. MotB was going to be available on the 9th, then the 19th, then... no word... then it finally came out in Novemeber. I was able to get the game a full month earlier than that by importing from the UK. I just got The Witcher today, which will be at least 8 days before the rest of Australia.

So what is going on with Atari and Australia? The announce release dates that are a little later than in the US, and then delay, delay, delay. I am extremely glad that I decided to pre-order The Witcher from GAME. I figured it was about a 50-50 shot at getting it sooner then it'd hit stoers here, it'd be cheaper, and save me the trop into town.

I'm not massively affected by this, but that's only because I obsessively surf around online looking for news and info on the games I want to play. What will be the next screwage? They won't allow people here to download Mysteries of Westgate perhaps. We pay obscene prices for games in Australia as it is (The Orange Box would cost be about $54 from Steam or $100 from EB), add this uncertainty as to when a game will actually be available here, and I'm getting pretty annoyed.

At least the high dollar would make renwing a WoW subscription cheap, that's the road I'll go probably. It's probably a year until DA comes out, and nothing else on the horizon (except AoD and the afore mentioned MoW) looks worthwhile.

The Witcher is very fun, btw.

Games have always been late here if released at all. What else is new. Not too long ago, the delay was easily 3 months. Now 3 weeks is much better. I've been buying games from OS ever since Daggerfall!! :)

Considering the fact that you folks are all upside down, it's a wonder anything ever gets done over there!

[cynical]Atari handles things ... "differently".[/cynical]

Back
Top Bottom