Deathspank - Done

Dhruin

SasqWatch
We might as well follow up yesterday's Ron Gilbert news with the official "we're done" news from the Deathspank site:
DeathSpank is done! While we still have a tough road to follow as we take the game through final certification steps for XBLA and PSN, the game turned out fantastic! It truly is a great and funny action RPG. We can’t wait for everyone to try out the game which is now coming out even soonerish!
More information.

So, is this still coming out for the PC?

First. It seems no PC version. Which is sad because it was supposed PC exclusive in early development.

Second. I think it was a good idea ( Steve Jackson: Munchkin like hack and slash diablo like RPG written by Ron Gillbert ) but very bad execution...which is only hint based on screenshots and lack of any gameplay videos ever.

I think Ron left , because he was disappointed as the game didnt turn out as he planned.

Its just my hunch

@Twotricks:
Those are some serious complaints about a game you've never played and seem to know nothing about.

IMO the screens look promising and nicely over the top.

@Twotricks:
Those are some serious complaints about a game you've never played and seem to know nothing about.

IMO the screens look promising and nicely over the top.

Yes I know. And as I said its just a hunch. But one based on experience and long time game industry following.

Still whatever. Here is to hope that the game will be awesome.

At least it does have style…
RPGs desperately need it.

Hundreds of pieces of Armor!
Stuff that blows up!
It sounds like it's going to be a huge success!:biggrin:

Also:
A real story…not a crappy video game story!
Those are big words…
I have to see it to believe it.

To me, Deathspank is nothing but a HUGE kind of satire of RPGs.

So, I don't take this game seriously - because I believe it was never intended to be handled so.

Who wants to play a 'funny' CRPG? I'll give it a look. "Keef the Thief" tried it and it didn't work out very well, IMO. Be my guest with that game concept!

Seriously looking forward to this, nice to see a comedy game done by someone with an actual sense of humour for a change.

I think there is a potential for a satire crpg but so far that has never had a successful implementation. There have been games that have partially implemented it successfully though like the Quest for Glory series.

PS. If they made a Munchkin crpg and kept to the feel of the game then I would love that. They could have the base game be the original Munchkin and then have expansions for the other ones and even an expansion that mixes them all together.

Who wants to play a 'funny' CRPG? I'll give it a look. "Keef the Thief" tried it and it didn't work out very well, IMO. Be my guest with that game concept!

Any Monty Python fan, anyone who is tired of playing the same tired old elven mage or human barbarian role in every regurgitated RPG plotline, anyone who enjoyed Dungeon Keeper (I know its not an RPG).

I liked Superhero League of Hoboken back in the day.

I was really looking forward to this game til it dropped the PC.

Back
Top Bottom