Skyrim Amazing Screenshot Thread

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Is there a simple on / off switch for your setup?

Only the SHIFT+12 to enable/disable the ENB and PAUSE/BREAK key to enable/disable RCRN. So I suppose you could say there was. I am not sure if that is the same if not using them at all though as far as what might be loaded into memory. My FPS jumps to 60 when I disable the ENB in-game though. RCRN doesn't make much difference - maybe 3-5 fps.

I should add that if you use ENB dll version 126 or higher it has a built in editor you can access in game (see attached). The nice thing about this is that some things you can change on the fly. For example the blur effect of depth of field is great for screenshots but can be very distracting in combat or during a lot of exploration in third person. So you can disable with a click and when you want to do some nice screenshots reenable. You can also see I had a very decent FPS in solitude, that was with DoF disabled but everything else on.

Attachments

• editor.jpg
    editor.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 160
Only the SHIFT+12 to enable/disable the ENB and PAUSE/BREAK key to enable/disable RCRN. So I suppose you could say there was. I am not sure if that is the same if not using them at all though as far as what might be loaded into memory. My FPS jumps to 60 when I disable the ENB in-game though. RCRN doesn't make much difference - maybe 3-5 fps.

So if you have each loaded there is shortcut for each. Thanks!

Guy who does SoS released a great HDR this weekend. Three quick shots:

hdr3.jpg

hdr2.jpg

hdr1.jpg

This game just keeps getting better and better! With Dragonborn right around the corner (which makes me shudder about mod compatibility) eager to continue my newest play through. Becoming a lot more hardcore then I ever use to be, at least with realism.

Discovered Frostfall which is an amazing piece of work - love all the depth it adds to the game. Up to 64 mods now, all lore friendly, and using my favorite ENB and SweetFX settings (Seasons of Skyrim - with true HDR). I have done a complete about face in regards to Mods. I use to be all "pure vanilla" in games but have founds that mods are not just about immature add-ons but that many really add to the lore, depth, and realism. Whole other level of gaming. Also I am learning how to tweak ENB and SweetFX so I can use it on other games like Fallout New Vegas and Torchlight 2.

Anyhow couple more shots for the hell of it.

Giant Frost spider:
spider.jpg

Kveldulfr in a crisp winters day … before Frost Fall was installed this weekend :)
kvel_snow.jpg

Fishing Village Scene:
fish_vill.jpg

Whiterun on a clear day - love all the shadows
whiterun_niceday.jpg

EDIT: Oh and a link to the Frostfall site for those interested:
https://sites.google.com/site/skyrimsurvivorseries/frostfall

Frostfall is a survival mod that adds cold weather survival gameplay elements to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

The three main components of Frostfall are Hypothermia, Cold Water Survival, and Camping Equipment.

The primary objective of this mod is to add a deep, immersive level of gameplay to Skyrim, while keeping tedium to a minimum. An immersion mod should never get in the way of having fun.

Frostfall uses a sophisticated system to track your location, weather, time of day, worn clothing, and more, to determine your current condition, in a seamless and immersive way. It also features a large variety of craftable camping equipment, including craftable torches, backpacks, and cloaks. It is highly customizable, and very compatible with most other mods, including Climates of Tamriel, cloaks, camping, food, timescale, lighting, werewolf, and vampire mods, and all official DLC.

Figured it had been a few days :) My guy is ready for Dragonborn and some more adventures.

Morning outside Whiterun at the stables
warmth.jpg

Nightime in Whiterun
moon_over_whiterun.jpg

Sneaking through Bleakfall Barrows
sneakty_type.jpg

Blowing up things in the Barrows
fire_magic1.jpg

My most current guy, coming out of the bar after a few drinks. He is the one I am taking through to Dragoborn along with Frostfall, Real Shelter, and Climates of Tamriel 3 (out on 3/30/13) Winter Edition.

kt2.jpg

kt.jpg

and the crossroads … which will be covered in snow by the end of march :)

kt_x.jpg

I still can't get over how good the game sometimes looks. The above screen isn't even at its best as it is a still shot. Actually playing in a game that looks like the above is just pretty amazing all things considered. Especially considering the first game I ever played looked like this (not knocking it though as I loved it at the time):

Pool_of_radiance_area_map.png

That game map on the bottom actually looks good...where is it from? Reminds me of old school Final Fantasy/Dragon Warrior.

Also I wish I had a vid card to push graphics like that in Skyrim...screenshots look very nice. Are there any mods to add new quest content similiar to Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul? I loved that mod.

That game map on the bottom actually looks good…where is it from? Reminds me of old school Final Fantasy/Dragon Warrior.

Also I wish I had a vid card to push graphics like that in Skyrim…screenshots look very nice. Are there any mods to add new quest content similiar to Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul? I loved that mod.

Hi - The image is Pools of Radiance (original). I never really played Oblivion (hated the scaling) and it was also before I got converted to modism, prior to that I was pretty much a modatheist :)

However I have seen some quest related mods that are well liked:

Wyrmstooth is supposed to be excellent and I may try it after Dragonsborn: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25704

Moonpath to Elsweyr is also huge and well liked: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9782

I still can't get over how good the game sometimes looks. The above screen isn't even at its best as it is a still shot. Actually playing in a game that looks like the above is just pretty amazing all things considered. Especially considering the first game I ever played looked like this (not knocking it though as I loved it at the time):

Pool_of_radiance_area_map.png

You inspired me to find a screenshot of the game below. If I remember correctly this is the first game I played. It's present on the disk "Apple presents Apple IIe" and is actually a program that teachers the user to use the keyboard. You need to use the arrowkeys to guide the rabbit (that can be swapped into a gnome) through a maze to find the price, then the game starts over.
applepresentsappleiie.jpg

Lol that is a pretty old game :) Not familiar with it myself. I suppose PONG would be my first ever game.

Here is a mix of some recent shots over the weekend, playing as my Wolf-Blooded race with my companion Garm.

Attachments

• TESV 2013-03-16 18-36-38-47.jpg
    TESV 2013-03-16 18-36-38-47.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 23
  • TESV 2013-03-16 18-47-00-99.jpg
    TESV 2013-03-16 18-47-00-99.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 20
  • TESV 2013-03-16 18-50-51-53.jpg
    TESV 2013-03-16 18-50-51-53.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 20
  • TESV 2013-03-15 19-25-56-60.jpg
    TESV 2013-03-15 19-25-56-60.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 17
  • TESV 2013-03-13 19-58-44-87.jpg
    TESV 2013-03-13 19-58-44-87.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 16
  • TESV 2013-03-17 11-35-03-88.jpg
    TESV 2013-03-17 11-35-03-88.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 15
Is the face you're using premade or result of some faceimproving mod that causes such tremendous improvement all across the board?

Is the face you're using premade or result of some faceimproving mod that causes such tremendous improvement all across the board?

I spend more time modding sometimes then playing :) Texture mods only. I have spent a fair amount of time perfecting my ideal character for my final play through of skyrim ever since I got into modding. Lighting also makes a big difference. Here are three close ups shots with different lighting and some slight variations to the character as I refined him. I am not good at graphics so I can't mod textures - hence I have to shop around.

So what went into the character:

- Better Males by Sundracon (primarily the body, hands, feets)
- XCE (Xenius Character Enhancement). This is the main one as it does everything, body, eyes, lips, war paints (tats), skin pores, etc. I override XCE with Better Males for the 3 things I listed above, but the rest is all XCE, which I prefer as it tends to be more realistic.
- Better Face tints for males (Urshi), this only because it creates a more subtle effect for shadowing on eyes.
- XCE HR war paints for the tattoo
- Beards (HR Beard mod)
- Brows (HR Brow mod)
- Teeth (HR teeth mod although you really can't notice that so not really needed)

There are also mods for hair (I don't like them myself, most are to anime, and there are clipping issues with helmets), all types of fantasy and very HD tattoos, better scars, etc. I tried them all and weeded our the ones that didn't go with the character I was making.

For lighting it is mainly Project ENB with Climates of Tamriel, or Seasons of Skyrim.

Seriously, though, just XCE is enough. All the rest is pretty minor depending on tastes. I just got rather addicted to modding and tweaking and trying to prefect everything.

I wanted my character to still have a somewhat natural "vanilla" look, that was also rugged and warrior like but just a bit more polished than pure vanilla.

EDIT: I should add that for female characters the sky is the little. I mean for every male mod there is like a dozen female versions. You can pretty much create any female fantasy your heart desires.

Attachments

• TESV 2013-03-11 19-35-05-23.jpg
    TESV 2013-03-11 19-35-05-23.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 18
  • TESV 2013-03-10 21-03-23-67.jpg
    TESV 2013-03-10 21-03-23-67.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 19
  • TESV 2013-02-25 19-44-36-80.jpg
    TESV 2013-02-25 19-44-36-80.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 18
So you installed those mods and then created that ultra realistic face through the character creation screen (and brought it up later via console to tweak it)?
I spend more time modding sometimes then playing :)
Yeah that's my main "issue" with Bethesda games. I've put off starting Skyrim to wait for a mature modding scene + Bethesda to release all DLCs. I even stopped my FNV playthrough back in the day because my focus shifted from the fairly complex politics to modding.

So you installed those mods and then created that ultra realistic face through the character creation screen (and brought it up later via console to tweak it)?

Yeah that's my main "issue" with Bethesda games. I've put off starting Skyrim to wait for a mature modding scene + Bethesda to release all DLCs. I even stopped my FNV playthrough back in the day because my focus shifted from the fairly complex politics to modding.

Aye I basically used the CC. I did use the console for some quick minor tweaks, I won't do any massive stuff after Helgen, but the CC lighting makes it impossible to really get the best look as you need to do that under a variety of lighting conditions.

I got about 90 mods right now, three of them ones I made myself - one for a custom pet companion named Garm, and one for a custom race - but based off the Nord template. Those I shared.

The last one is actually named after my character and has his look imported as a preset. What I am doing is very minor tweaks as he goes through the game. Growing the beard a little, adding a little age, and some minor things to his base race (Wolf Blooded) as he moves forwards in certain quests. That way I get to customize his look and abilities based on what he does in the game - sticking to lore and his personality. Lots of fun and very immerssive.

For lack of anything else to post :)

Dragonreach at Night:

dr1.jpg

Treehouse Home:

treehouse.jpg

Couple of updated shots in case anyone besides me still stops by here :)

Kveldulfr Fenrirson (Evening Wolf, Son of Fenris) and Stenvar on the road traveling:
r1.jpg

Majestic after-storm view:
r2.jpg

Spring day:
r3.jpg

Happy to see you:
r4.jpg

The elusive rainbow:
r5.jpg

Windhelm at night:
r6.jpg

Nice pics :). I would like to see a movie of that quality.

Back
Top Bottom