Mass Effect 3 - EAs Origin Required - both for single and multiplayer

So ME3 requires internet for installation but not after and that is cause to cancel pre-orders? HAHAHAHA

So ME3 requires internet for installation but not after and that is cause to cancel pre-orders? HAHAHAHA

Fail to see your point. People hate Origin thats all.:movingon:

You want to know the funniest, Mass Effect (first of the series) was the same. Except that the activation was done with EA Activation which was installed when you installed it...

You want to know the funniest, Mass Effect (first of the series) was the same. Except that the activation was done with EA Activation which was installed when you installed it…

And I love it that my original ME dvd wont even authorize anymore. Its so funny the orginal card in the box with the cd key they gave me wont work hiliarious. So I guess its a good thing then.:p

I already have impulse and steam and gog downloader. I really don't want another. If I purchase it on impulse will I still need origin. I hope not. I had nothing but trouble when I bought Batman aa on steam and it requires gfwl. Had to open 3 different gfwl accounts before it would take my key.

Current drm is a headache but having 2 clients I have to verify my game with is ridiculous.

"Hey Statler, did you hear that Bioware are using Origin for Mass Effect 3?"
"I really feel sorry for the PC gamers."
"What, the people who can't play it?"
"No, the people who can!"
DOHOHOHOHOHOHOH

It's isn't like I was planning to buy it after Dragon Age 2 and TORtanic.
Bioware is dead.

i like this one

This may be the time to note although Mass Effect may support Windows XP, and list it on its minimum system requirements, Origin or some other adjacent technology required for the game(Such as Direct X 11) may not support XP.

Just because you meet the minimum system requirements doesn't mean you can run the title anymore.

Is this true ?

Is this true ?

Don't think so, most games require DirectX 9.0 to run properly. So when XP is mentioned as a usable platform the game will not require DirectX 11 to run. Of course you will miss a lot of features and eye candy but chances are you don't even have a DX 11 capable card if still in xp :)

Found some predicted sys reqs:

Predicted System Requirements

* CPU: 2.4 GHz dual core processor
* RAM: 3 GB
* HDD: 25 GB free disk space
* Graphics: 512 MB GFX with 4.0 Pixel shader
* Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 Compatible
* DirectX: Version 9.0c

I'm still a bit pissed that Dragon Age 2 was pulled from Steam (I had pre-ordered a retail version, planning on registering it on Steam), and I refuse to do anything through Origin. When you add their DLC policy, I don't think I'll buy Mass Effect 3. Perhaps I'll change my mind if there is a GOTY-version released for £15 or so (for PS3 or Xbox 360 - as I will still refuse to use Origin).

I really don't care about Origin or Steam. I'm not a Steam fanboy. Platform wars is ridiculous enough already, so let's not start another war about digital game distribution services. What I care about is the quality of the game itself (which in this case, I think won't be able to satisfy me).

Deus Ex HR was a twitch based shooter/stealth game with laughable design and bad voice acting and it was thoroughly praised here. ME at least does what it does without coming off as a bad canadian sci-fi tv show.

Deus Ex HR was a twitch based shooter/stealth game with laughable design and bad voice acting and it was thoroughly praised here. ME at least does what it does without coming off as a bad canadian sci-fi tv show.

Hey! :p I know I'd rather watch Stargate!

You forgot fun. It was also fun. As was ME1.

Is this true ?

Yes, kind of, and at some point. It's an inevitable consequence of technology advance and is true of any etailer (and pretty much all systems) though- at some point DVD drives will not be manufactured any more either. If GOG (GNG?) had existed in 1993 it would have become inaccessible to those using a 1993 computer/ Mosaic at some point, despite the games themselves still working. In effect the minimum reqs for the browser outstrips those of the games.

It's not a particularly important point though, unless you're using a very old computer.

I'm still a bit pissed that Dragon Age 2 was pulled from Steam (I had pre-ordered a retail version, planning on registering it on Steam), and I refuse to do anything through Origin.

Are you sure about that? I still have DA2 in my Steam library.

Are you sure about that? I still have DA2 in my Steam library.

Steam doesn't sale it anymore, but people who buy it can still install and play it. It's not the first game to be removed from the buyable game list too, games get removed when Steam from time to time (and not just EA games).

From what I heard, it was removed because of how the game manage the DLCs (i.e. people don't have to buy them from Steam to have them when their game come from Steam).

Back
Top Bottom