DoubleBear's Zombie RPG

No, you are not a zombie, that would be stupid.

Hm, I thought this would be interesting. ;) I mean, to be a Zombie. ;)

Apart from this the whole thing rather sounds to me like a kind of Fallout-type game.

Except it's with Zombies this time.

Sounds like it could be a great game, but I'm not into these post-apoc style settings.

It's like everyone but me thinks it's a great thing, but I actually ENJOY the traditional fantasy and sci-fi settings.

is the zombie craze an american thing or generalized? I never liked any zombie movies or anything related with zombies. Don't understand the fascination with it, makes no sense to me. I know where I'm from we didn't care about it at all either (the few zombie movies that made it there weren't any success).
Now, not zombie, but an undead RPG would be cool. Classes would be like skeletons, wraiths, ghouls, ghosts, etc. Each with stats/skills/abilities and balanced :)

Last edited:
Hm, I don´t think zombies will be the spotlight of the game.
I expect it to be more about human reactions, politics, etc.
Hopefully the zombie element will be also examined in a more symbolic manner.
Also, healthy dose of good ole Mitsodan humor would be nice.

I'm not American, and I love zombies. (OK, not THAT way, but you get my drift.)

Dario Argento is pretty big on zombies too (he produced Dawn of the Dead), and he's Italian.

So I think it's more generalized, even if we owe most of it to George Romero, who is indeed American.

zombie RPG ???? I am sorry I cannot say I am the least bit excited about this... vampires they are cool and interesting??? but zombie no thanks,,, they work good for splatter movies or those kind of games but an RPG??? I don't think so.....

unless it is like planescape torment that is.................................................................................................. but I wouldn't call that a "zombie RPG"

Girls & Vampires eh? Always been a strange obsession, even when they're as badly written as the ones in twilight.

Zombies are fricking awesome though, and I think the gameplay for this would potentially be really different. Ultimately there's a hugely overpowering, implacable foe whose only real weakness is that they're stupid and predictable, it's perfect for computer AI vs humans so long as the options for outwitting them are implemented well rather than just requiring loads of headshots.

Sounds great. But I would say that regardless of the setting because its NOT an FPS/RPG or an RTwP RPG.

This is probably a dumb quest and way too early to ask, but how far along is this thing? I ask because I'm wondering if they're just now sketching out the details for the game or if they're actually making it now and how long have they been keeping a lid on this.

I know they've probably sketched out all the details since they're giving details to what it will be, but still I'm curious how long this has been going on.

is the zombie craze an american thing or generalized? I never liked any zombie movies or anything related with zombies. Don't understand the fascination with it, makes no sense to me.
There's a voodoo tradition in parts of the South that's undoubtedly still cranking out zombies even today. Some Americans here who are expressing excitement about this game may even be zombies themselves (or have family members who are zombies).

So yeah. It's an American thing. ;)

There's a voodoo tradition in parts of the South that's undoubtedly still cranking out zombies even today. It's likely that some Americans here who are expressing excitement about this game may be zombies themselves (or have family members who are zombies).

I was turned into a zombie once.

I got better.

Well after giggling with glee yesterday, I feel a little silly being disappointed only one day later. I really dislike zombie games, I mean REALLY. I didn't like them before they became so popular in gaming, I never met a single zombie movie I liked (unless Army of Darkness counts and I still haven't seen Shaun of the Dead), and now it's particularly frustrating as I always feel like I'm the only person around who doesn't like zombie games. The comments above mostly confirm that assessment.

But I'm glad they explained their intent and I think they can still do a solid job with it. Maybe done up in a proper RPG I'll find zombies more appealing.

I remember this one guy on the intertubes made a special one shot campaign setting/game called 'Last Escape' for the old World of Darkness system. We played it a few times back in college and it was probably one of the most fun table top things we ever did. Unfortunately, I cannot find it anywhere online anymore :C

For the people who dislike zombie movies have you seen the good zombie and zombie esque movies that came out like dawn of the dead, land of the dead, 28 days later, 28 weeks later, and shaun of the dead? If you haven't you probably haven't seen a decent zombie movie and you would fit in to the catagory I was in awhile ago.

Rithrandil: Everytime I see your avatar it makes me want to watch more Conando (Coco) and that is my most favorite of his expressions.

There's a thread over at rpgcodex in which this has been discussed for a few days now. It seems that the zombie outburst is the event which people have to come to with in the course of the game; how will they react to the zombie outburst and outbreak.

One poster mentioned George Romero movie 'the night of the living dead' (1968) in which Romero clearly states and stages (through the movie) a protest against both the Viet Nam war and the (new) consumerism in the US. The movie's last scene (in the mall) is a testament of this. Carpenter's movie 'The Mist' (1980) deals with the same thing. It is not the Mist itself that is dangerous, it is the hidden shadows beneat the Mist i.e. what the Mist reveals about ourselves when we're in danger, or believe we're in danger.

If Mitsoda's and Carlson's game is anything like this, it will be awesome....

I was turned into a zombie once.

I got better.

People get better from NMA?;) j/k

There is a current RPG game out there if you guys are interested in a table t op game....all flesh must be eaten, I haven't looked much into it but it looks like it could be fun.
http://www.allflesh.com/flesh.html

Honestly, if you haven't read world war z or the walking dead comic series, do it. You will have a better respect for the genre after that.

Last edited:
Sounds like it could be a great game, but I'm not into these post-apoc style settings.

It's like everyone but me thinks it's a great thing, but I actually ENJOY the traditional fantasy and sci-fi settings.
yeah, you tell us all the time.
Problem is we don't really care what *you* enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom