DA:O Any use for these items?

Dragon Age: Origins

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Just wonding if anyone has found any use for these items other than selling them.

Blank Vellum
Private Documents
Engraved Silver Bowl
Wolf Pelts
Diamonds, Emeralds, Saphires, etc.

Feel free to add to the list.

I was really wondering about those private documents myself. Why would anyone want to buy somebody else's private documents? The other goods I can still see some value in as salable goods.

Aren't you playing a rogue, RW? ;)

Private documents: or what were the other documents you could find called? Supposedly they might be used in one of the rogue quests in Denerim, but not playing a rogue I never got the quest so I wouldn't know.

Wolf pelts: One wolf pelt may be used in a small quest in the elven camp, but you can get them in the forest there, too.

Gems: Sapphires, Topaz, Malachites, and Quartz can be donated to the dwarven army via the allies crates in your camp, once you've taken care of Orzammar. I have no idea if it helps any though. 10 garnets are supposedly used in a quest, but I assume it's one of those rogue quests again that I couldn't do. Remarkable gems are for Shale obviously. The other gems you can sell.

Engraved Silver Bowl, fancy vase etc.: no idea, I sold them.

Blank vellum: no idea, it's still in my inventory.

If in doubt, sell in your camp so it's easier to get them back, even if a bit on the costly side.

Aren't you playing a rogue, RW? ;)

Nope, a Dalish elf warrior with dual-wielding skills. It was a toss-up, I almost went for my mage, who had also reached Orzammar, but at that stage I had found the mages to be a bit flimsy...

pretty much a standard RPG item procedure for me is to always sell things to one vendor if you can, so if you make a "doh!" purchase you can get it back.

Thanks for bringing up this thread, Ive been lugging around a ton of stuff especially being a rogue w/ crafting galore - I dont know what the hell i need and what I dont! At least i know what the score is one some of the gems, I wont sell them then. The bowl, I sold long ago, but IVe been holding on to the Vellum.

I think Sapphires, Amethyes, Topaz and Malachites can be donated to the Dwarven Army. Though it may just give you XP.

There is supposedly one sidequest involving Garnets

I think I used a piece of blank vellum for one sidequest in the Dwarf area

There is quest to collect 20 love letters. I thought "Private Documents" are for that. May be I am wrong.....

There is quest to collect 20 love letters. I thought "Private Documents" are for that. May be I am wrong…..

You need to collect items actually called love letters for that and I´m quite sure there´s only 12 of them, though I haven´t found them all. Some are in locked chests btw.
I haven´t found any use for private documents other than selling them.

There is quest to collect 20 love letters. I thought "Private Documents" are for that. May be I am wrong…..

Nope, sadly it's not that. The love letters are literally called "love letters". I picked up 2 of them in the Redcliffe Castle.

I've found 5 or 6 of those love letters so far, but I haven't received any quest for them.

You get these quests at the Inn in Denerim. Speak to the bartender. The quest falls under: "Favours for certain interested parties".

Most quest items belong to the special inventory tab that doesn't take space. Only very few quests require actual items, like traps, potions, etc. Usually, in the description it'll tell you if it can be used in traps/alchemy or if it's a gift it has a 'Gift' label. I just sell them all.

Back
Top Bottom