Blackguards 2 - Announced

Patch what?
I remember just a few irrelevant bugs (no healing on some healers, unstoppable endless respawns in some sidefights and such) in the first full (unpatched) release - finished it and didn't bother to play the patched game later where they changed poison mechanics and stuff.

I am not so excited about this game. While the combat is fun, there is nothing else to the game. The story is mediocre at best and it's basically a turn-based dungeon crawler on a tactical combat map.

This gets boring for me quite quickly unless I am really in the mood for such a game or if I'm really bored.

Oh, don't get me wrong - I'm all for milking Blackguards current engine for all it's worth and then some, before going ahead with a proper - and more budgeted sequel. I loved it well enough throughout the Early access and I'm sure with the couple of patches so far to be even better (I just haven't the time to finish it).

I was just expecting more DLC for the current title, maybe even something along the lines of a proper expansion pack even (the other reason I've delayed finishing the game, waiting for all additional content to be out). Not the biggest fan of this practise, but I think the BkG could have used more content here and there. Not to mention that BkG2 sounds exactly like an expansion pack that somehow got upgraded into a full sequel. Kinda wished they would keep the number upgrade for something bigger, that's all.

There's things that sound promising, but in this time frame I expect nothing really major. Not to mention with the announced premise, I'm guessing we'll be locked into a fixed person party again (My only major peeve was that nomatter how we spin it, there's zero party member choise).

Btw, weren't Daedalic recently purchased? I would have taken that as a good sign that 1) we're nowhere near a Blackguards Online release by Bigpoint and 2) that would have brought a bit extra finances for, I dunno, making a bigger and better sequel to their fresh hit Blackguards, which while not major (however successful, it's still pretty niche) could have reached a potentially bigger audience (all the people complaining that there's nothing beyond combat) ....

I put in a 100 hours and beat the first one. I was a pretty good game with some balancing issues.

If they focus on a better story, better companions and have more transparency with combat mechanics I would probably purchase.

If it's just more of the same I'm not sure I'm up for it.

I think the another Hamburg company got into problems because their product remained almost completely unknown worldwide and more importantly you can't (couldn't) buy it on Steam. At least I was unable to.
Did I write I could never ever buy TRoT add-on anywhere normally but in the end I had to import it on a retail version from USA? That's not a way to make sales.

Yep, for sure. And they did finally release Drakensang and TRoT on Steam, but that's only been, like, within the last six months or so. Way too slow, for sure.

Yep, for sure. And they did finally release Drakensang and TRoT on Steam, but that's only been, like, within the last six months or so. Way too slow, for sure.
Wait, who exactly released TRoT on Steam?

I was just expecting more DLC for the current title…
A new game I'll buy instantly. DLC? Sorry, that train left. I'm not buying.

What's more important is that Bastei is not into pay2win flashgames and thus won't force Daedalic to go scamming.

Wait, who exactly released TRoT on Steam?
Valusoft:
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=Valusoft&snr=1_5_9__408
It says that it was released on "Feb 16, 2011", but honestly, it wasn't available on my side for ages.

[EDIT]
Found some more info:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/drakensang_river_of_time_and_dlc_available_in_europe_on_steam_now
Basically TRoT got enabled for Europe on Steam early this year, but is still disabled for Australia and New Zealand. For god's sakes…

Last edited:
Valusoft:
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=Valusoft&snr=1_5_9__408
It says that it was released on "Feb 16, 2011", but honestly, it wasn't available on my side for ages.

[EDIT]
Found some more info:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/drakensang_river_of_time_and_dlc_available_in_europe_on_steam_now
Basically TRoT got enabled for Europe on Steam early this year, but is still disabled for Australia and New Zealand. For god's sakes…

That's what I thought. It couldn't be dtp because they're out of business.

There's still no German version on Steam yet. For an RPG based on a German board game.

True, the release is english language only.

Back
Top Bottom