Two Worlds II - v1.3 Patch Press Release

Dhruin

SasqWatch
We've already highlighted the Two Worlds II 1.3 patch but today we received the official press release, which points out some of the key improvements:
TopWare Introduces New Features& Upgrades for Two Worlds II in Upcoming Patch

Patch 1.3 includes improved game functionality, additional mechanics, and 3D technology support

Karlsruhe September 8th, 2011 – TopWare Interactive announced today the inclusion of a number of new features and upgraded functionality included in patch 1.3 for Two Worlds II. During the development of the upcoming expansion, Two Worlds II: Pirates of the Flying Fortress, Polish developer Reality Pump was able to make substantial upgrades to key game mechanics such as enemy A.I. (including diversified combat behaviors and improved pathfinding), character animations when interacting with elements of the environment, a new “auto-sail” feature for easier travel, and scalable interface options for all platforms.

Additionally PC and Xbox 360™players can look forward to an entirely new experience with the introduction of a stereoscopic 3D presentation option, made possible by advancements in Reality Pump’s proprietary GRACE game engine. Working side-by-side with leading 3D hardware manufacturers, Reality Pump is bringing the world of Antaloor to life like never before!

Best of all, owners of the original Two Worlds II will not be required to purchase the expansion to enjoy all the benefits of the patch!

Additional changes and patch-logs can be found by following the link below and going to Support - Downloads
http://www.twoworlds2.com
More information.

By default, the 3D is very low depth even when maxxed out. This makes all the characters look like cardboard cutouts and distant mountains look not-at-all distant. However, you can change what "maxxed out" translates into. See the fourth post in this thread: http://www.insidetwoworlds.com/showthread.php?t=33698

I was hoping to see a lot of improvements with the UI. Oh well still a lot of good fixes in the patch.

Okay so now that stereoscopic 3D is supported this game has appeared on my radar. Is the game itself any good?

I never got more than 10 hours into 2W1 - there were things I really liked, but compared to TW1 I just couldn't get involved. Is 2W2 better?

Still no mod support? Way to build a fan base! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the mod list. Didn't find Two Worlds II to be as intriguing as the fully patched original. Didn't play it very long. Think I'll try that "mortal NPCs" mod if I get back to it. That was one of the things that really annoyed me in the sequel.

Back
Top Bottom