US government/military see citizens as lab rats

Michael Ellis

Watchdog
Original Sin Donor
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-10-03-18-19-04

In the mid-1950s, and again a decade later, the Army used motorized blowers atop a low-income housing high-rise, at schools and from the backs of station wagons to send a potentially dangerous compound into the already-hazy air in predominantly black areas of St. Louis.

Obvious question is what else has been done that we are not aware of. Of course statist imbeciles believe that government is benevolent and of pure intent.

@Alrik, Gah, that's some truly sickening stuff. There is some experiments reported there that would have made Mengele proud.

I'm curious why it matters enough to mention 3 times that it was a predominately black area? Citizens are citizens and this is a bad situation regardless of their skin color. Sounds like the author is attempting to manufacture a race issue.

In the mid-1950s I would think that it was a race issue. Or do you think they would have considered doing this in a predominantley white subburb? Things have changed, thankfully, but at that time conscious or subconcious racism was still rampant (not just in the US, of course - pretty much everywhere).

In the mid-1950s I would think that it was a race issue. Or do you think they would have considered doing this in a predominantley white subburb? Things have changed, thankfully, but at that time conscious or subconcious racism was still rampant (not just in the US, of course - pretty much everywhere).

I honestly doubt that it was a "hey they're black we don't care" attitude as much as it was a 'hey they're black, we can get away with it!" attitude. Not that it makes the actual event any better of course. The military also exposed large numbers of troops to atomic radiation just to see what would happen, and most of those guys where white.

I agree here. I fear that black people were - in the 50s ! - just considered to be ... kind of "lesser" ? Like in the Tuskegee experiments, perhaps ?

I agree here. I fear that black people were - in the 50s ! - just considered to be … kind of "lesser" ? Like in the Tuskegee experiments, perhaps ?

That completely ignores that they experimented on white soldiers en mass as well.

That is what joining the military means. It came up with the contract. Different.
What's next? The mass experimentation performed on people who signed as guinea pigs?

Back
Top Bottom