Project Eternity - Passes $3.5M including Paypal

Dhruin

SasqWatch
And another level to the Endless Paths dungeon… :)

Dammit, where's the next stretch goal???

Last edited:
Awesome news! I'm so happy that their kickstarter has been such a success :)

Incredible. A few days ago I didn't believe they would pass $3.5M so this is absolutely great news.

Incredible news indeed! One of the reasons why PE kickstarter has been so successful is that Obsidian kept the momentum alive with nearly constant release of gameplay and lore updates, interesting pledge tiers and stream of interviews. The Endless Paths Dungeon concept (and artwork) was also fascinating. Way to go! :)

huge city .. i bet 20h spent just exploring it yum yum

Hepfully they'll have regular (and detailed) updates as the game progresses too?

They will, they want to have people's feedback on feature before they implement them not with 5 months to go with the project like it usually happens.

This is great news! Love the big cities!

Now starts the long, long wait.. ^^

Yeah. At this point I would hate to be looking after the community side - you know how bad some players are about demanding a release *now* and that's before they've even paid anything. Those that have paid x dollars are only going to be even more vocal..

Right now the community is more about demanding this or that features. There's going to be a lots of polls on that forums in the following months.

I've got so many games to play and so little time I couldn't care less for the release date. I say give me the best polish possible, no matter how long it takes!

good point arthur, however I'd trash everything I'm playing if Eternity was available today!

Right now the community is more about demanding this or that features. There's going to be a lots of polls on that forums in the following months.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Realizing the game is crowd-funded, it makes sense; but I hope Obsidian doesn't bow too much to the "design by committee" approach some of its users would crave and which could lead to a hodge-podge of a disaster, IMO.
So far they've been more than willing to say: "No," which is good.

I can't believe we're going to get a top-down, IE-style game with a stronghold, Watcher's Keep-style mega-dungeon, and two large cities that rival Athkatla and Baldur's Gate. That's just crazy!

With any luck, it will be a commercial success as well (beyond the kickstarter funds) and the publishers will wake up and fund more games like this.

I can't believe we're going to get a top-down, IE-style game with a stronghold, Watcher's Keep-style mega-dungeon, and two large cities that rival Athkatla and Baldur's Gate. That's just crazy!

Yep :) It's why I've contributed so much. How often have we all dreamed and waited for such a game - made by the remnants of Black Isle. It's incredible.

With any luck, it will be a commercial success as well (beyond the kickstarter funds) and the publishers will wake up and fund more games like this.

This type of games don't work on console, which is really good for us, because it mean publishers won't care about its success and won't try to milk the genre with dumped down games.

My one reservation over the growth of the project is the size of the Mega-dungeon... at 10 levels, it's already an unwieldy behemoth that will [likely] feel more like a minigame than a piece of history in the world.

Back
Top Bottom