Eurovision

kalniel

SasqWatch
Go-on, admit it.. is there anyone else out there who likes this guilty pleasure? Even if it takes a good party and lots of beer?

Go-on, admit it.. is there anyone else out there who likes this guilty pleasure? Even if it takes a good party and lots of beer?

I NEVER watch the Eurovision song contest. Hah!

The Swedish contribution is quite good.

Oooops!

pibbur who haven't watched the whole show since he was below level 40. But who watch pieces of it now and then.

PS. I hate you, you got me to unhide prematurely! *watches for traces of GG* DS.
PS. Actually, I don't. DS.
PS. But I know the importance of not being seen. DS

I loved it - when I was young. ;) - Meaning, when I was a teenager and even younger than that.

Nowadays it hardly interests me.

My favorites:

1. Sweden (great, could have done without the pop parts)
2. Denmark (pretty nice)
3. Russia (cute)

Stunning victory, for the first time in a looong while a really good song wins!

( celebrates by befriedning pibbus v 1043942,53 )

I followed the voting. For once the song I hoped would win, did win and by a huuuuge margin. Well deserved.

Friendship accepted.

pibbur who is not afraid anymore and who can't remember the norwegian entry

This is the last place on the internet that I would expect to see a topic like this.

Hey, I always watch this. This year was the first year sonny watched it, too - and we had a really great time.

The Russian grannies were his favorites; he was really sad they made second place instead of first, and I had to cheer him up by telling him that being among the first ten was a good thing.
The Swedish song was not really my cup of tea, so I'm happy that my two favorite acts who hadn't been kicked out in the pre-finals made it into the top three - Russia (cute) and Serbia (I always liked his ESC entries, and that he sang this one himself wasn't too bad, either).

My absolute favorite, however, didn't survive the semi-finals. You might suspect that I like my ESC acts as camp as possible, so watching this one is just for those with nerves of steel … here you go: Georgia.

PS: I'm not sure why, but the guy reminds me of *gulp* Haldir.

Last edited:
The Swedish song won? Oh no - now our newspaper will be full of that rather than actual news!
If your news is like our news, most of it is utterly depressing. So man up and be happy for a change. :p

I'm glad at least, that my favorite won. Last year it was among the last three…

Didn't Abba win there once, too ?

My absolute favorite, however, didn't survive the semi-finals. You might suspect that I like my ESC acts as camp as possible, so watching this one is just for those with nerves of steel … here you go: Georgia.

PS: I'm not sure why, but the guy reminds me of *gulp* Haldir.

His Sindarin leaves much to be desired methinks. Other than that ---eh ... no.

pibbur

If your news is like our news, most of it is utterly depressing. So man up and be happy for a change. :p

I'm glad at least, that my favorite won. Last year it was among the last three…
But now ours will go all nationalistic and make it sound like it was a team effort from "our" side. A bit like English newspapers does when Scotland does something good (but not the other way around, of course)

This is the last place on the internet that I would expect to see a topic like this.

*grin*

Well off-topic has to be tested from time to time to make sure it's really off-topic ;)

grats to Sweden - not my favourite I have to admit (preferred Spain or Malta). I don't know how the show is run in other countries, but in the UK we have a commentator who talks over the hosts - he's very amusing, and gets better as the night wears on (or maybe that's the beer).

Lordi's appearance was.. interesting..

One commentator wrote for today's local newspaper that a "Swedinizig" or a "Swedenization" of the Eurovision has been taking place : The last winner's song was written by a Swedish composer, this years's winner comes from Sweden, too. And not only that, the commentator writes that actually *several* of this year's songs were written by Swedish people !

I can't confirm this - does anyone know whether this is true or not ?

They're coming to take you away haha-hoho-hihi

pibbur who can't exclude there's a swede hiding somewhere inside, like the australian.

Back
Top Bottom