The Witcher 2 - Lykaon Mod Interview

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
CD Projekt RED has a new article with the modder of one the best mods for The Witcher 2. It turns out he even becamea quest desigher at the studio also. If you are unfamiliar with mod check out out his web page for info, and download links.
I was pretty surprised when I was chosen as a part of the REDkit beta for The Witcher 2. When I applied, my experience with game development included building custom maps for Age of Empires 2 for my friends and me, building a landscape with the Crysis Editor for my own enjoyment and creating a small horror mod for Skyrim, “Arheim” (which I never finished). So since I thought that this would probably not sell myself very well, I added some videos I made with the movie editor for Grand Theft Auto IV.

So all in all, one can say that it was a very lucky coincidence that I was chosen. In the October of 2012, I received a mail explaining how to download REDkit. I downloaded the whole thing, started it, sat down and was overwhelmed. So many buttons! So like any reasonable man would do, I showed it to my girlfriend, who is much better at stuff like this, since she, coincidentally, studied computer science. We managed to get a new level up and running and I could start to just take the mouse, move it to the so-called asset browser (a library with every object of The Witcher 2) and just drag stuff onto the level until it looked nice.
More information.

It turns out he even becamea quest desigher at the studio also.
You saying they didn't pay him for the mod, of course we're talking about free DLC company so it's not illogical not to pay for unofficial patching modding…
But instead you say they - hired him?

I love this company more and more each day.

No he got a job because of his mod. Did you even read the article? I'm guessing you didn't did you.;)

In July, thanks to the support of Banan, I got into the plane to Poland to start my new job as a Junior Quest Designer at CD Projekt RED.

Sorry, didn't. I thought everything I need to know is shortened in your few words. ;)
But is a great story nevertheless.

Sorry, didn't. I thought everything I need to know is shortened in your few words. ;)
But is a great story nevertheless.
Nope I couldn't fit the entire post it wouldn't fit. The article covers the history of the mod and ends with him getting a job. Consider this the TLDR edition.:)

Back
Top Bottom