Elemental - Free DLC For Early Buyers

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Those who jumped in early on Elemental will get the first two expansions free. We've heard this before but Brad Wardell has a new blog entry on the topic, titled Onward!
You know how it goes.
Game company releases game. They put out a series of bug fix patches for a bit and then they move on until it’s time to get you to buy an expansion pack or two until it’s time to do a sequel. If the initial game gets panned or negative reviews, it’s typically abandoned.
And people wonder why gamers have gotten so cynical.
As people in our community know, that’s not how we do things here.
Those of you who hang out here have seen us discussing the upcoming version 1.1 of Elemental: War of Magic. This is a partial screenshot (right side of my screen) of some of the UI updates we’re doing.
For those of you who want to try v1.1 in beta, we plan to put out the first beta in about a week.
Until the end of THIS MONTH (October 31), anyone who purchase Elemental: War of Magic, will get the first two expansions for the game for free (as well as our normal long-term support for the game itself).
More information.

Eschalon Book I : Elemental ?

They recently hired the guy who created the Fall From Heaven mods for Civ 4 to work on this and expansions. If anyone can fix the game up, it's him.

Still, I have no interest on paying for a game on the grounds that it might be fixed up at some point in the future. There's a reason that companies don't do expansions for bad games, and it's not a bad cynical one.

Well let's see, I can buy the game now at full price and get two DLCs for free, then hope the game gets into shape. Or I can wait, get the game for half price, get the two DLCs (if they are really worth it - most are not, even for half price), and know exactly whether the game has gotten fixed up.

I'm going for the latter.

I sure hope this fiasco doesn't kill the company. I would really like to see a Gal Civ 3 game.

Yes, yes…you guys are too fast for my editing skillz. ;)

I have to say I was happier when I saw Eschalon ... definitely the better game, no matter how much they polish up Elemental ...

I sure hope this fiasco doesn't kill the company. I would really like to see a Gal Civ 3 game.

It won't. Most of their business is about other types of software, not games. I think this is why their games often lack a bit of "soul" so to speak. They are very good at what they do, but most of what they do are not games.

It is going to be interesting to see what the game will become with the help of Kael.

And to clarify: Frogboy (Brad Wardell) says that they are expansions, not DLC.

Back
Top Bottom