Two Worlds - Rating, Review, XBox 360 Delay

As said, it is just a rumour and I appreciate your efforts to argue the (obvious) shortages of the rumour, but it is still stated that a RPG developer has to remove the online part of their game because of Microsoft and wouldn't that company also have made sure that Microsoft couldn't pull the plug of their game arbitrarily?
But yes, one rumour is as good as the other at this point, where we haven't received any official statement about it, and with the only lead that this probably has something to do with Microsoft in one or the other way.

Last edited:
As said, it is just a rumour and I appreciate your efforts to argue the (obvious) shortages of the rumour, but it is still stated that a RPG developer has to remove the online part of their game because of Microsoft and wouldn't that company also have made sure that Microsoft couldn't pull the plug of their game arbitrarily?

Yes, exactly. That's why I doubt that it is as one-sided as the rumor makes it sound. The rumor basically states that Microsoft is once again the evil devil who is screwing Zuxxez in the arse. I doubt that. That would be one majorly retarded agreement if Microsoft were (without punishment) allowed to do what they are accused of doing via the rumor. That can not possibly be the whole story. There must be some omission or failure to comply or whatever on the part of the publisher/developer as well for it all to make sense.
Microsoft isn't Julius Caesar. They can't just decide over the life and death of a product by flipping their thumb up or down at their leisure. At least not without retribution. And I'm wondering if Zuxxez is as innocent as the rumor would have us believe then why aren't they more aggressive in their defensive strategy like mentioning in that press release that they are evaluating legal procedures in order to bring the X360 version to market ASAP etc? The absense of any such statements seems to indicate to me that they know very well themselves that they screwed up one way or another.

Microsoft would definitely take a heavy beating on the internet if that rumour was true. Other rumours are also floating around the internet in more or less public ways.
Another thing is that there hasn't been made a forum for Two Worlds on xbox.com, which perhaps might be an indication of something too.

But let us just end this rumour mill. It's only a couple of days until it will be released.

Last edited:
Someone at german community World of Players got an Email from PR manager Jörg Schindler. It's above my skills to translate it correctly, but it says, that there are "high-level interests from an external party" (paraphrased) that prevent delivering of Two Worlds XBox. The game itself is already finished. I post the whole thing in german, maybe someone could translate it.

Sehr geehrter Herr XY

ich kann Ihre Aufregung sehr gut verstehen.

Allerdings sind auch wir von dieser Verschiebung völlig kalt erwischt worden
und genauso enttäuscht wie Sie.

Wir hätten Ihnen sehr gerne die Gründe für die Verschiebung und eine neuen
Release-Termin genannt, dürfen dies aber, wie schon in der Pressemitteilung,
momentan noch nicht tun. Das mag sich seltsam anhören, sollte aber vor dem
Hintergrund hochrangiger externer Interessen, die bei der Veröffentlichung
einer Konsolenversion auf einen Third-Party-Publisher zukommen, gesehen
werden.
PS: Das Spiel ist im eigentlichen sinne fertig

Die zweite Email von Zuxxez
Der neue Erscheinungstermin ist Warscheinlich der 17.05.

Ich hoffe, dass Sie Two Worlds trotz aller Querelen treu bleiben! Das
Spiel und das Entwicklerteam haben es sicherlich verdient.

Schöne Grüße!

Jörg Schindler
Pressesprecher

ZUXXEZ Entertainment AG
Source

Unfortunately the article from 360 Live isn't free, so I can't give you the translation of the whole article. But I found an excerpt (from the 360 Live article) on a German fansite:

On first glance the similarities between "Oblivion" and "Two Worlds" seem to be so obvious that one could mistake them for identical twins. But as every twin has his own character so is "Two Worlds" considerably different from Bethesda's game. The story has substance and is not just loosely wrapped around monsterslaying and the tuning of your character.

Ok, I'm gonna try to translate the German mail to English, but please bear in mind that it can only be a rough translation, and sometimes I have translated the meaning instead of the words, since this will make sense to the English reader.

Begin Translation

Highly Estimeed MR XY
(this is just the greeting).

I can certainly understand why you were upset at this news.
(or I can understand you upheaval/anger/amazement/excitement over this news).

However, we (at zuxxex) were just as surprised to learn about this delay that you were, and we are just as disappointed at you. (källt erwischt acrually means simething like 'coldly surprised' or something like that, but you really can't translate this well to English).

We would like to have told you the reason behind the dealy, but, as already mentioned in the press-release, we cannot do so. (or more correctly: 'we are not allowed to do so, or we may not do so).

This probably sounds strange (or odd/weird), however, this is due to (or has background in) high-ranking external interests which have an interest in the publication (or official announcement) of console-version, which is to to be released by a third-party publisher (gesehen geworden.) [And that's how far I got with this sentence, I hope it does make sense, I've tried my best...].
PS: The game is as good as finished. (meaning it is finished).

The second email:
The new release date is probably May 17, 2007. (or 5/17/07 - in the US date).
I hope, in spte of all this trouble, that you still will be (or stay) loyal to Two Worlds. The game as well as the developers (or the developing team)have certainly deserved it.

End translation.

I hope you can use the translation :)

Last edited:
Good start aries. :)

This probably sounds strange (or odd/weird), however, this is due to (or has background in) high-ranking external interests which have an interest in the publication (or official announcement) of console-version, which is to to be released by a third-party publisher (gesehen geworden.) [And that's how far I got with this sentence, I hope it does make sense, I've tried my best...].
PS: The game is as good as finished. (meaning it is finished).

This paragraph is not totally correct I'd say.

This probably sounds strange (or odd/weird), however, this has it's background in high-ranking external interests, that come in for Third-Party-Publisher (in that case: Zuxxezz).

Surely my translation attempt sounds cruel, so I try to explain it.
It says, this was beyond their control, because there are "high-ranking external interests" from a third party they have to accept. They have to accept it, because Zuxxezz itself is only a Third-Party-Publisher for XBox-Market.

Did anyone hear that? I think there just burst a sack of rice in china... who the hell cares for that damn xbox version and why it is delayed?;)

Hey, I think I did pretty well ;) --- since I just rememembered I hadn't actually done this sort of thing in say about 26-27 odd years, when I last had German in school.
And yes, that second paragraph was a abit tricky ;) ---

Hey, I think I did pretty well ;) --- since I just rememembered I hadn't actually done this sort of thing in say about 26-27 odd years, when I last had German in school.
And yes, that second paragraph was a abit tricky ;) ---
Yes, you did pretty well for somebody with so little practice. :)
The 2nd paragraph is really tricky - and it shows that the Zuxxez PR guy understands his job. The mail sounds concrete but he doesn´t really say that much.

Does anyone know if Two Worlds was going to allow X360 and PC players to play together in multiplayer (cross platform play)? If the game allows for cross platform play then I can very well imagine that Microsoft has issues with that since this is a feature that they want to charge money for in the future via their live service for the PC. So maybe they've asked of Zuxxez to remove cross platform MP playability before the X360 version may be released(?)

Just wanted to state that your speculation is correct. Microsoft is going to merge XBox Live Gaming with Vista Live Gaming. If i remember correctly, they were going to release this with Halo 3.

edit: Quote corrected by Gorath

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom