Shaker - Update #5 from Tom Hall and Brenda Brathwaite

Hmm...Shaker...Quaker...Quake? Wonder if John(who worked on Quake) had a hand in coming up with that title?
Not too thrilled with the title, but the game sounds somewhat interesting to me, looking forward to more info. I am disappointed in that I heard that the makers of Wiz 8 wanted Wiz 9(which sadly never happened) to be a return to fantasy without the sci-fi elements, and was hoping when I first heard about this old school rpg with former Wizardry designer Brenda Brathwaite involved, it would not be a sci-fi/fantasy mix. I'm just not a big fan of mixing those two genres. I can't help wonder if it was Tom who convinced Brenda to go the sci-fi/fantasy mix route again, and if it had been completely up to her if she would have chosen pure fantasy?

what's in a name right?

I have noted umpteen RPG games with the name Dungeon, Dragon, and Wizard in it. Its primarily why Dungeon Lords sold umpteen boxes at Wall Mart.

I have ready here FTL is pretty Rogue-like for some reason?

Um no….they didn't make dungeon master

I was trying to say:
Some time ago there was a game company with the name FTL games

Now there's is a game called FTL

No connection - except for the name.

Sorry, for thread hijacking ;) I learnt that from Pinnen at the NoFlamersGuild at RPGdot.com ....

With the supposedly upcoming big combat update, this project will finally have a reasonable pitch I think.
Hopefully the anemic beginnings haven´t hurt the momentum irreparably, it sounds like a potentially cool game now.

With the supposedly upcoming big combat update, this project will finally have a reasonable pitch I think.
Hopefully the anemic beginnings haven´t hurt the momentum irreparably, it sounds like a potentially cool game now.

Hmmm out of curiousity what can you tell me about the combat in project eternity?

What does that have to do with this project? Please keep on topic, or you will be banned. Thanks!

I Was making a point that we don't know anything about the combat in project eternity and it wasn't an issue.

Since when can you ban anyone? I thought you were ignoring me, instead now you are playing mod?

Children, STOP being annoying!!

Hmmm out of curiousity what can you tell me about the combat in project eternity?
Wrong thread.
I Was making a point that we don't know anything about the combat in project eternity and it wasn't an issue.
Still wrong thread, so I´ll just make it short and say that I consider high-level design goal for PE´s combat more telling than the one for the other project occasionally discussed in this topic.
Children, STOP being annoying!!
It´s almost like there´s a certain pattern to a lot of these annoyances ;).

OK, I guess we will no longer use examples to show one thing in comparison to another. This isn't a discussion if this is how you guys want to do things. What I was trying to point out is the hypocracy in listing not knowing about combat when other projects are the same way ie, shadowrun, wasteland 2 and project eternity. It wasn't trying to start some weird flame war that certain people want here.

Man, they really should've made a pitch more like this from Day 1. Not doing so doesn't inspire confidence in the developers, at least not from me. And they don't have the kind of well-respected name, at least in my book, Obsidian does to get away with being so vague on Day 1. I hope they haven't shot themselves in the foot, as their game does sound interesting.

They just need some more press now that they have details up.

Hope they get it.

I have been getting more interested in this game as more information has come out and if it gets funded it will be my most anticipated Kickstarter so far since it reminds me of Might & Magic.

PS. If you don't stop fighting I will ban everyone with the "Add Infraction" link by your posts.;)

But is it old school?

Back
Top Bottom