RPGWatch Feature: Sacred 2 Preview

Damn, what up w/ all the hate? Ive never seen this much anti-Sacredity, usually it's considered one of the "good ones".

Everyone collectively wake up on the wrong side of the bed er what? shees

Heh...it probably looks that way. For me, it's not "hate" - just disappointment that a great foundation (I liked the basic combat model, large world and mounts) got overwhelmed by the random, soulless quests. I just can't hack'n'slash just for the sake of it (which is why all those Nightmare Battle.net Diablo II runs are lost on me) - I need a good story and interesting quests to hang my hat on.

So, I wanted to like Sacred but just couldn't get there. I still acknowledge it as one of the best H&S efforts and Ascaron worked hard to fix up their messy release, so I'm barracking for them...I just hope they've improved the storytelling.

I wrote something back in '04 called 'Sacred & Painkiller: Gaming like it is 1997!'

I made it all the way through ... and through the Underworld expansion as well. Looking forward to this, despite my DRM protestations.

I never bought Underworld, I was fed up with the game at that point, having seen enough.

I never bought it either, despite completing the original several times. After playing it for a while, I was simply tired of hack'n slash, and getting even more of the same wasn't very tempting.

Back
Top Bottom