Political and politically incorrect humor

Humor thread, folks. Let's keep the commentary to a minimum, please.

I think Alrik was trying to be funny in an understated sort of way; you know, like most Democrats!! :D

cartoon44.jpg

cartoon64.jpg

and a bonus from Varvel:
112812.jpg

I don't quite understand the Muppets picture ... Can anyone explain it for me ?

Romney made a much-ballyhoo'd statement back during the debates about cutting funding for Big Bird (Sesame Street is on public television). Kevin Clash, the long-time puppeteer of Elmo, has several lawsuits going over sex with underaged boys. There's another Sesame Street character named Grover that actually looks a fair bit like Grover Norquist, and Norquist is currently being dumped by many republicans.

Ah yes, thank you. Now I see it.
Bad times indeed !:lol:

Romney made a much-ballyhoo'd statement back during the debates about cutting funding for Big Bird (Sesame Street is on public television). Kevin Clash, the long-time puppeteer of Elmo, has several lawsuits going over sex with underaged boys. There's another Sesame Street character named Grover that actually looks a fair bit like Grover Norquist, and Norquist is currently being dumped by many republicans.

There is another subtle metaphor - Grover as a puppet of the rich.

Not the best joke I've heard, but what the heck…
======
And now we know the real story!

Hostess Bakery plants shut down Friday due to a workers' strike.
It was split up.

The State Department hired all the Twinkies,
the Secret Service hired all the Ho Hos,
the Generals are sleeping with the Cupcakes,
and the voters sent all the Ding Dongs to Congress.

I think it's called a reality check!! :)

How about another. Really good if you don't get overly serious about it.
========
Why Romney Lost:

Mitt said, "If I get elected, I will put America back to work."
51% said, "Screw that, working sucks!"

Weak week from Time, and nothing worthwhile from Varvel:
cartoon8.jpg

cartoon5.jpg

Explaining different religions to the Hollywood generation. Not so much funny as interesting and amusing.

No, Moslems don’t believe that Jesus was the Messiah.

Think of it like a movie. The Torah is the first one, and the New Testament the sequel. Then the Qu’ran comes out, and it retcons the last one like it never happened. There’s still Jesus, but he’s not the main character anymore, and the messiah hasn’t shown up yet.

Jews like the first movie but ignored the sequels. Christians think you need to watch the first two, but the third movie doesn’t count. The Moslems think the third one was the best, and Mormons liked the second one so much, they started writing fanfiction that doesn’t fit with ANY of the series canon.

Not exactly. Muslims believe Jesus was a Prophet, one of the main prophets to come down and bring the Message to the people. Muslims also believe Christ will return to do battle with the Anti Christ (Dajjal) and then lead the world through the trial against Gog and Magog, and then lead humanity into rebuilding later on.

Not exactly. Muslims believe Jesus was a Prophet, one of the main prophets to come down and bring the Message to the people. Muslims also believe Christ will return to do battle with the Anti Christ (Dajjal) and then lead the world through the trial against Gog and Magog, and then lead humanity into rebuilding later on.

Yeah - the branches of Christianity and the branches of Islam are roughly as close to each other on the family-tree of Abrahamic religions as specific lines like Anglicanism and Mormonism are.

Back
Top Bottom