DA2 DA2 mods

Dragon Age 2

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Despite there being not toolset out yet, we already have mods released for DA2.

My must have are:
no more exploding bodies (in melee, Walking bomb will still act like a bomb).

Chargen revamp.

Dirty fix for Isabela/Sebastian friendship bonus.

Pants for Isabela.

Autorun & tab toggle. (only work on Windows).

Origin save game generator. (Windows again, but you can move the file.)

Other suggestions:
Unlocking Companions skills. (Example Bows to Isabela)

Nightmare Difficulty tweaks.

About difficulty settings tweaks, it appear to only require editing the difficulty.gda file and moving the modified file to the override folder. This thread explain what column does what and it's apparenlty an "excel" file (somebody made an editor for DA:O).

Where to find mods:
Community index (Bioware Social Network links)
DragonAgeNexus

Last edited:
Regarding pants for Isabella, the instructions say to put the file in you "override" folder. Where is this folder? I looked all around and dint see it.

Anyone know how to install this?

Regarding pants for Isabella, the instructions say to put the file in you "override" folder. Where is this folder? I looked all around and dint see it.

Anyone know how to install this?

Your override folder is usually located in: My Documents/Bioware/DragonAge2/Packages/Core/Override. Just an extra tip that I found useful for Origins Mods: I recommend extracting each mod into a new folder (you can call it whatever you want) and then copy and paste that folder into the override folder. This really helps keep your override folder organized, and it's much easier to add/remove mods this way as well. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the links.

I'm not sure that the mod for fixing Isabella friendship bonus will fix anything. If on base this bug generate a -5 malus if you repeat it generates -10, -15 and so on. When the mod seems just provide a +10 fixed bonus.

The only way to fix seems a mod to set at 0 their friendship bonus. But I had a link on this mod but it was requesting a password. The other way to fix it is using constantly the savegame editor to reset the bug if it happened but that is tedious.

Thanks for the links.

I'm not sure that the mod for fixing Isabella friendship bonus will fix anything. If on base this bug generate a -5 malus if you repeat it generates -10, -15 and so on. When the mod seems just provide a +10 fixed bonus.

There's 2 file for the friendship bonus fix, one put the rivalry bonus at the place of the friendship one and from what I understood of the other fix, it remove Hawke's bonus part, but the UI tell otherwise.

None of those really speak to me but it's interesting stuff.

I'd most like to see friendly-fire on normal/hard difficulty and tweaks to the spawning enemies, but I bet it will take a toolset for that.

None of those really speak to me but it's interesting stuff.

I'd most like to see friendly-fire on normal/hard difficulty and tweaks to the spawning enemies, but I bet it will take a toolset for that.

Make a request on the official forum. Somebody made a mod to remove friendly-fire from Nightmare. So the opposite is probably possible.

As for wave (and re-used layout), a toolset will probably be required. Although, the DA toolset seems to be doing the job for scripting so far.

I notice someone modded Anders to have the Spirit Healer tree (which is kind of dumb since he has it already basically). I wonder if the same thing could be done for Merril and Bethany.

It's kind of dumb to have one healer after all (plus Hawke).

I notice someone modded Anders to have the Spirit Healer tree (which is kind of dumb since he has it already basically). I wonder if the same thing could be done for Merril and Bethany.

It's kind of dumb to have one healer after all (plus Hawke).

You can do and more! If you want to edit stuff yourself.

I don't use it...yet.

I'd most like to see friendly-fire on normal/hard difficulty
There´s this mod which more-or-less attempts to achieve this by toning down various values in nightmare.
It´s still kinda moot though, because DA2´s engine doesn´t support friendly fire (camera, targeting).

There´s this mod which more-or-less attempts to achieve this by toning down various values in nightmare.
It´s still kinda moot though, because DA2´s engine doesn´t support friendly fire (camera, targeting).

I think it works just fine... the camera at its furthest back position is pretty wide, and targets highlight and show their names when you are placing an AoE.

Thanks for the link.

I think it works just fine… the camera at its furthest back position is pretty wide, and targets highlight and show their names when you are placing an AoE.

I´ll reply in one of the other threads so as not to spin this one OT (my fault to begin with of course):).

Make a request on the official forum. Somebody made a mod to remove friendly-fire from Nightmare. So the opposite is probably possible.
Thanks for the explanation about the Isabella fix. Could you provide the link for this mod? I checked the forum link and the mod index and couldn't find it.

Thanks for the explanation about the Isabella fix. Could you provide the link for this mod? I checked the forum link and the mod index and couldn't find it.

No Friendly-fire on nightmare?

The person just posted the file and didn't list it anywhere.

Thank you and thanks to your accurate eyes, perversely I don't have the search box when browsing those forums and never remember the trick to get it if there is any.

Thank you and thanks to your accurate eyes, perversely I don't have the search box when browsing those forums and never remember the trick to get it if there is any.

There's a search box? If there is one, it's probably as crappy as the group/project one...not worth using.

The thread wasn't that far off and I remembered the title.

I remember during time of DAO someone had a link making showing it but I could be wrong or just have lost it. I think it's normally here but automatically removed when the servers are stressed which is constant during release times. It's like the forum refresh it can be delayed a lot.

Ha well here one, but it's perhaps what you mention, but at least it's a forum search:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/search

Back
Top Bottom