Mount & Blade - September Release Date

magerette

Hedgewitch
GamersHell posts that Paradox Interactive has issued a press release promoting Mount & Blade's free form sandbox medieval combat and other features. The only new detail I saw here (and it may not be that new) was the September 2008 ship to stores date.
Here's the list of features:
- Free-form sandbox gameplay. Trade, serve, or even joust. Go anywhere, do anything in a world thriving with hundreds of locations.
- Distinctive horseback combat. Mount up and attack your foes with swords, lances or arrows.
- Highly advanced and intuitive sword-fighting system.
- Be a lonesome adventurer, conniving merchant, or a commander of armies.
- Interact with hundreds of characters; hire mercenaries to build a private army, accept quests to assassinate troublemakers, or boost your reputation by buying a round of beer at the local tavern.
More information.

I'm really curious how much is going to get polished for the final release. As of 9.5 you've got mis-gendered pronouns, multiple references to Zendar which no longer exist, and generally bad English all over, even though it's not a dialogue heavy game by any means.

I hope they come up with some kind of possible endgame(s) for the final. Running around killing people forever has its limits.

Yeah, I got kinda burned out doing that last year. Don't even wanna check out newer versions anymore.

The impression I've gotten from the developers is that they are deliberately trying to steer away from an "end-game" or any significant story. I am thinking it would be very easy to turn this one into a mmorpg and that's probably what will happen. But if it remains single player I hope they at least come clean on the box about it's lack of epic story and don't mislead people.

It sounds very much like a game that I've been dreaming of : An open world, a biut like in an MMORPG, only for singleplayer.

I must admit that I haven't played Morrowwind & Oblivion yet.

I'm waiting for the prices to drop. The "game of the year" version still costs 30 Euros here.
At least I haven't seen it cheaper yet.

lol, I'll keep this in mind. ;)

A few days ago I took an advertising pamphlet from Gamestop in Düsseldorf, capital of the federal state of Northrhine-Westfalia, for those interested, and they say in it that they sell it much cheaper, if I interpreted this correctly.

Unfortunately, they've got almost no lists at all on their German web site ... in total contrast to the English version ... http://www.gamestop.de/
So I've got to visit the shops without being able to research their prices online ...

Back
Top Bottom