Age of Conan - Ratings Update @ Official Site

Inauro

Watcher
Funcom has clarified recent confusion over the North American rating of Age of Conan.
It has come to our attention that the North American edition of the game was submitted (by Eidos) to the ESRB without any server-side censorship:

-full blood

-full fatalities

-breasts with nipples

-not full nudity

The ESRB reviewed our application and gave us a rating of Mature 17+. The full rating with descriptors has not yet been publicly announced but will be
posted on the ESRB web site on 13 February 2008.

Funcom apologizes for this small error (or maybe two small errors.)
More information.

This is GREAT !!!

Yay!

Might just get nipples after all, wow, I bet a lot of US players are going to party tonight! Nipples really make or break a game..

Might just get nipples after all, wow, I bet a lot of US players are going to party tonight! Nipples really make or break a game..

I don't think that nipples or decapitations make or break a game (unless you're a frothing adolescent) ... but having a game already intended for 17+ adults get stripped beck due to some odd moralistic standard is just ... well, odd.

I was merely being sarcastic. Personally I think this whole thing is rather silly. Nipples? Anyone playing Age of Conan obviously has access to the Internet (it's an online game after all), so I doubt seeing a nipple would be very offending (if you manage to navigate the Internet without ever seeing a pair of breasts, you're dedicated to avoiding it).

Back
Top Bottom