Dragon Age: Inquisition - News Roundup

Did anyone watch the IGN video?

The MP option is part of the game as a dungeon crawl action rpg game to play with friends, if you'd like. It doesn't have anything to do really with the SP game from what I'm seeing. If you don't like MP mode, don't play it.

Where's the problem?

I thought adding more gameplay to a title was a good thing.

Where's the problem?

It takes away resources from the single-player game. They could have used those resources to add new, cool features to the single-player game. That would be my only problem with it.

Yes, and you're talking about some piddly little studio with barely any resources to work with, right? So they throw some of the untold millions spent on the game as a whole at the MP.

Do you think they are designing all new assets for the MP?
No, They are throwing their SP assets into multiplayer and tweaking it

But they shouldn't do that because of all these mythical "cool new features" that would supposedly happen. Some would say MP is a "cool new feature"

Sorry, you guys are just crying for the sake of it

Maybe.
Or maybe the MP features increase their revenue more than their development costs, so in theory there would be even more budget for the SP part.

As long as the MP stuff doesn't interfere with my SP gaming, I don't care about it.

Did anyone watch the IGN video?

The MP option is part of the game as a dungeon crawl action rpg game to play with friends, if you'd like. It doesn't have anything to do really with the SP game from what I'm seeing. If you don't like MP mode, don't play it.

Where's the problem?

The PROBLEM is, I wouldn't believe EA if they said 2 and 2 is 4! :mad:

I too would not believe EA if they said 2+2=4. They specifically said you did not need MP in ME3 to get the "best" (lol!!) ending, but you did, until they patched it out. There was a thread of about 30-40 outright dev lies on the BSN before Woosey end of line'd it - like for example:

Mac Walters “[The presence of the Rachni] has huge consequences in Mass Effect 3. Even just in the final battle with the Reapers.”

“I’m always leery of saying there are 'optimal' endings, because I think
one of the things we do try to do is make different endings that are
optimal for different people “

Mike Gamble “There are many different endings. We wouldn’t do it any other way. How could you go through all three campaigns playing as your Shepard and then be forced into a bespoke ending that everyone gets? But I can’t say any more than that…”

“You'll get answers to everything. That was one of the key things. Regardless
of how we did everything, we had to say, yes, we're going to provide
some answers to these people.”

Has everyone the "Galactic Readyness" debacle of Mass Effect 3 already forgotten? Must I remind you, that in ME3 you NEEDED to play multiplayer to gather 4000 "points" for the best Ending? Until MONTHS later EA-Bioware patched that away!

This is what I seriously hope is NOT the case, but with EA involved, I say expect the worst.
Of course it's not forgotten.
That's why I've said "as long as".

Yes, and you're talking about some piddly little studio with barely any resources to work with, right? So they throw some of the untold millions spent on the game as a whole at the MP.

Do you think they are designing all new assets for the MP?
No, They are throwing their SP assets into multiplayer and tweaking it

But they shouldn't do that because of all these mythical "cool new features" that would supposedly happen. Some would say MP is a "cool new feature"

Sorry, you guys are just crying for the sake of it

It doesn't matter if they're a big studio or a small studio. Anytime multiplayer is added to a game, that is part of the pie chart that could have been spent on other things.

I rarely want multiplayer in my RPGs, so I'm always for single-player only experiences, where all the studio's time and energy were spent on the single-player aspects.

Back
Top Bottom