Diablo 3 - Almost 20 Minutes of Footage

Yeah, I think it's from the press kit. Mostly DH (but other characters are in the party), and some arena stuff at the end. Interesting watch. Game already has a fun and polished feel- hard to believe that there's going to still be a long wait ahead.

Yeah, I think it's from the press kit. Mostly DH (but other characters are in the party), and some arena stuff at the end. Interesting watch. Game already has a fun and polished feel- hard to believe that there's going to still be a long wait ahead.

Good stuff! I just hope we get to see it soon. Is there a set release date yet?

Every time I watch a Diablo III vid I can't help to think how cool it would be to see a Baldur's Gate III game made with a similar game engine. I really thought Dragon Age was going to be my Baldur's Gate fix, but it turned out to be a disappointment. I'd love to see a turn or semi-turn based, multi character, isometric-ish viewed game based faithfully on D&D...

I really thought Dragon Age was going to be my Baldur's Gate fix, but it turned out to be a disappointment. I'd love to see a turn or semi-turn based, multi character, isometric-ish viewed game based faithfully on D&D…

Amen :)

I enjoyed Dragon Age, but it was no Baldur's Gate.

Good stuff! I just hope we get to see it soon. Is there a set release date yet?

There isn't even a beta date set. Speculation basically starts at late June 2011 (unlikely) to 2012 (also unlikely)- I am hoping for mid to late 2011, myself. The problem (?) is that Blizzard will completely rewrite and rework a game, as many times as needed, before they even hint at a release date. And, they have even been known to completely scrap a project (years through it) if they don’t like the direction that it’s going (Starcraft: Ghost). Makes for a lot of uncertainty for those of us waiting.

There isn't even a beta date set. Speculation basically starts at late June 2011 (unlikely) to 2012 (also unlikely)- I am hoping for mid to late 2011, myself. The problem (?) is that Blizzard will completely rewrite and rework a game, as many times as needed, before they even hint at a release date. And, they have even been known to completely scrap a project (years through it) if they don’t like the direction that it’s going (Starcraft: Ghost). Makes for a lot of uncertainty for those of us waiting.

That sounds crazy way of operating but I like that methodology. Unfortunately Blizzard has teased too much on this game and I think they'd have a lot of upset customers if they scrapped at this point. It's all hype right now. My advice is to mostly ignore the newsbits/PR for this game.

Looks like Torchlight to me which the next version of will be out sooner.

Looks like Torchlight to me which the next version of will be out sooner.

I say this on every D3 post: I absolutely cannot wait for this game to be released. Blizzard has not led me to think otherwise, but I hope the play can remain free on Battle.net with the same version for all.

I, too, had hoped DA would be my CRPG fix until D3 came out (fully realizing the playstyle is different yet the genre is the same), but since finishing it I can only focus on its flaws and how short it fell from its <marketing tool>"spiritual predecessor." </marketingtool> But at least there was hawt romance and blood on my armor after every fight. Hurrah!

I will likely play multiplayer Torchlight when it's released until D3 comes out.

My guess is that they are going to release Diablo 3 on 12/21/2012 with some lame ass pretentious marketing campaign á la "The world ends - Diablo 3 rises"... or something along those lines ;) .

This looks quite underwhelming compared to previous Diablo 3 videos. Rather poor animations for a Bliz product and strangely bland particle effects.

I wonder why - since I recall the earlier videos looking much better.

In any case, I've lost faith in Bliz so it's no biggie.

It's not that easy to analyze well from the video but my feeling is it hasn't the same design diversity of fight skills that there's in Torchlight and DAO both far ahead the concurrence on this point and Torchlight at the head.

EDIT: And to stick with Torchlight comparison, I doubt I'll find back in D3 this incredible feeling of playing Doom with a Diablo style that gave me Torchlight, monsters seems too fast anyway. On other part I'm sure the story telling, dungeons diversity and some more stuff will be better in D3. And anyway, nothing will stop me rush on D3 and Torchlight 2, despite I have never been an extreme fan of D2.

Having played D3 at Blizzcon, I can say that it looks fantastic and feels pretty much perfect. Anyone who liked Diablo II will love Diablo 3. And with the rune system and traits there will be a ton of variety in builds and skills that you can use.

Back
Top Bottom