Skyrim Dragonflies and salmon and birds, oh my!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
I had the same experience when first discovering you could collect them, but instead of a butterfly it was a firefly. I saw this thing glowing at night, thought it was a fairy or something. Got a closer look at it and discovered I could catch it. Grabbed it and been catching bugs and small fish ever since.

BTW, I hate butterflies. Those fracken guys are a pain and a half to catch, but it is a neat feature. I was just watching them one time and saw them flutter from flower to flower. I went up to one. It didn't fly away until I harvested the lavender. Then it flew away to another flower. Harvested that one as well then it flew to another flower.

I don't like food though. I don't see the point in it. They could have made more recipes or something. They have one decent recipe which is some kind of stew. It's no big deal though. Some modders will come up with something or hell I might give my hand a try at modding it. I don't think it would be that difficult to add a few more recipes to the game.

Thanks for that tip. I sell skooma as soon as I find it since it only raises stamina by 25. I was thinking how this notorious drug since Morrowind was completely worthless in terms of actual use in the game.

The Khajit also sell moon sugar. Please don't tell me what it does. I haven't bought any yet and want to find out later when I get more perks for alchemy.

Yayy, moon sugar! *licks lips***

First thing I did when finally out in the open world on my own was to track and kill an Elk that sauntered past me. Pretty fun, I like to do it often to help hone my bow skills.

I played for two days and yesterday for first time I experienced two natural happenings that I never seen in game before.One was passing thru a dense forest and a bunch of birds suddenly flew away.That happened with bats in the opening cave but then thats first with birds.Another is I passed this tree and it sounded like a huge flock of birds had nested in it and were singing like crazy but I couldnt see anything in the trees though.

The northern lights are excellent.

I also loved the ants. First time I have seen ants in a game. Going all over and around a big log.

Its all these little things that make the world feel alive.

I was thinking how this notorious drug since Morrowind was completely worthless in terms of actual use in the game.

Sounds like you never played the "Skooma Drug Lord" mod for Morrowind. :) That was one of my favourite quest-oriented mods for that game. It not only gave you the ability to mass produce the drug and make a good haul of septims, but focused on the consequences of usage and contained many quests to do with the law and rival gangs intent on taking your factory and your customers.

The drug was anything but useless for me; assisted by the fact that I played Khajiit which apparently had this mystical attraction to moon-sugar.

Thank you, pessimeister. I never really looked into the quest mods too much unless they were really popular, but that one sounds like a winner.

Basically the only quest I added (intentionally, some of the large mods came with their own) was Children of the Night part one and two. The second part was huge. A bit tough in some areas, but definitely well written.

Speaking of "extra's" thought I would post a few screenshots from my wanderings today, with my Barbarian Ulfr. A lot of little fun things you can do.

A late night working for the miller, grinding grains:
miller.jpg

A break at the tavern:
tavern.jpg

Climbing to High Hrothgar, crossed a scary ravine (including a fight with a bandit on the log. Luckily he fell to his death not me):
tree_ravine.jpg

Running from a snow beast who kept whooping my ass, neaing High Hrothgar:
high_hrothgar.jpg

On the way back stopped off to mine some ore:
mining.jpg

Beautiful night sky:
night_sky.jpg

You can play hide and seek with the children in Solitude - sooo innocent :)

Yeah, I played hide and seek with the kids in Whiterun. What the hell though, the quest marker points you right to them, hahaha. I was like comon Bethesda, you could at least have left out quest markers for that "quest". I was hoping the kid would transform into some Daedric prince and give me some artifact as a reward for playing hide and seek with them, but alas, I got nothing. Damn you Bethesda, damn you.

Bethesda should add a keyboard shortcut to easily hide the navigation bar. Currently, we can only set the transparency of it from inside the menu system. And, WTF, this also adjusts the transparency of the crosshair and subtitles :(

Bethesda should add a keyboard shortcut to easily hide the navigation bar. Currently, we can only set the transparency of it from inside the menu system. And, WTF, this also adjusts the transparency of the crosshair and subtitles :(

Yes! IT is so annoying. Of course you can turn off the compass in the INI and the crosshairs in the options ... but sometimes I find them useful. Changing the HUD is fine for a planned photo session but for the spur of the moment a quick GUI hide would be great.

I am sure there will be a mod for that though.

I came to what turned out to be a spider filled cave, and out the front was a dead mammoth with a whole mess of spider eggs lashed to it, a-la that nasty alien from the movie... alien.

I'm finding the NPC chatter to be pretty good. It's usually relevant to the person/place, and I've yet to hear anything like the infamous mudcrab conversation. Even in small, lonely places they seem to have some depth to them. I've heard a little boy ask his mom where his dad went, commenting on how her answer was different than the last time, and heard some sisters arguing about abandoning their life to come to this frozen wasteland.

Those in the cities seem to have even more depth to them, but I have to admit I've not spent long standing around watching/listening to them to see how often they repeat.

Sometimes the game forgets to take into account certain actions. I got rid of a certain affliction levels and levels ago, yet townspeople will look at me and make comments regarding said affliction. Still, I think it's cool that people recognize your skills and such. It seems more prevalent in Skyrim than it was in Oblivion.

Back
Top Bottom