Dragon Commander - New Trailer Released

Same here.

It looks so good now ! Much, much better than the videos from several months ago !

Mine has already been stuck at 'overload' for a while. I don't know why, but I just totally dig what they seem to be trying to do here. Let's hope it all comes together in the game itself.

I hadn't paid much attention to this one, as the Dragon riding segments in Divinity 2 were my least favorite parts of that game. I had thought this would be just more of that, but this trailer shows that there is a lot more going on than just the aerial combat. Now I am interested in the game.

Sold.

The only thing I don't care for is the over the top characters. I would have preferred a more serious atmosphere all around.

The strategic overview and rts combat look very good though. I haven't played a good rts game in a long time, and this looks like it could hit the spot. I'm looking forward to this more than SC2: HotS.

Looks incredibly fun! I wonder if there will be any "super" units ala Supreme Commander?

Also, when is this slated for release? I would expect soon given the LAN party, but the game's FAQ states "We’re pretty committed to releasing this in May or June next year, but we still have a lot of work." 2014?

Eh. Dunno. Not sure whether this'll be my cup of tea.

I am way more looking forward to Divinity: Original Sin than this one.

Cool, adding the land/sea combat was most certainly a good call.

Balancing the dragon combat with the strategy aspect so that one doesn´t trivialize/marginalize the other seems like a delicate task, hopefully Larian have thought it through.

Also, when is this slated for release? I would expect soon given the LAN party, but the game's FAQ states "We’re pretty committed to releasing this in May or June next year, but we still have a lot of work." 2014?
No 2013.

It does look really good. I can't wait!

The only thing I don't care for is the over the top characters. I would have preferred a more serious atmosphere all around.

Yeah… I had that problem with some characters in Ego Draconis, too.
(Wizards. Should. Not. WEAR STUPID POINTY HATS! Seriously. That guy looked like a joke, and he was supposed to be some powerfull magician... whatever.)

And they seem to be moving more and more in that direction.

Other than that, I'm still pretty excited. It wont keep me away from the game.

I actually found it a bit underwhelming. I'm not really sure what to expect after seeing this. The dragon part looked seriously dull and somehow reminded me of the old SNES game Starfox. Pretty weird since I probably played that game for less than half an hour at a friends place 20 years ago.

Dang, i have to admit that looks pretty cool. I like when strategy games let you also get in the middle of the action down on the same level as your forces. Lots going on.

Lizard chick with huge cans ultimately sold it for me, tho

Back
Top Bottom