Cyberpunk 2077 - Preview @ NowGamer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
NowGamer has a new preview with information about Cyberpunk 2077.
If you were going to pick a development studio to make a game based on a classic tabletop RPG, which would you choose? It’s a question that had often played in the head of Mike Pondsmith, creator of the beloved game Cyberpunk 2020.

Over the years, he’s had several offers to turn his vision into a digital reality.

"There have been some fairly big players, which non-disclosure agreements do not allow me to discuss," says Pondsmith.

"Something always happened to bring the project to a premature end. Often the team broke down because of external factors, like they couldn’t get enough money together. I remember a memorable case where I really loved the prototype, and then the president of the company was drafted and had to go back into the military."

That all changed when Pondsmith received an email from The Witcher developer CD Projekt RED, expressing interesting in creating a new Cyberpunk videogame.

"To us it made sense to adapt something that we enjoy playing,” explains gameplay designer Damien Monnier. “The world of Cyberpunk is so gritty, mature and deadly – it really fits the sort of games we make here at CD Projekt RED."

"They were asking me questions about stuff and the background history of Cyberpunk 2020," explains Pondsmith, "which showed they genuinely knew their stuff and were not just slapping a label on it, which happened with some of the larger companies we had talked to. They have the capability, they have the money, they have the team and they have the desire to do the real thing, as opposed to something that just has our name on it."

More information.

I was just wondering about Cyberpunk this morning! Interesting article given how early it is in development.

Back
Top Bottom