DoddTheSlayer 2.0 (Wizardry 8 Mod)

Thanks Dodd, that was extremely quick :)

Hey. I don't think this has anything to do with Asia btw. I have just found out that nobody can download from Divshare just now because i have exxeded by download bandwidth, and now i am being asked if i want to upgrade.
I think it is because the update was downloaded 60 times within about 3 hours.

My files are unavailable until August 17th and so that extra link is all the more usefull

UPDATE:
Patch 2.4 has been updated.
Many items needed fixing. You can go ahead and re-apply the patch to you saved game and the changes will take place right away. Here is the new link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9gscr3zn1gu

This patch originally changes all the new items for Bards and Gadgeteers, because game code was not recognising the upgrades as they were.
You can read more about this and 2 other changes in the readme file.

This patch is only to be applied to installed mod version_2.3

Last edited:
Playing the mod now,just reached Trynton.
Been reading info on Vn spoiler board and wanted to post this there but for some reason I can't access my account.
Puzzled about access to retro dungeon near Trynton,which seems to have changed in the mod,seems I need a key (presumably for house on A-T road).
Trying to be as vague as possible to avoid spoilers but I'd like to know if I'm on the right track here and some help as to where I can find the key?

The changes you are talking about were actually made in version 1.3\1.4
Did you not play version 1.3 patched up to 1.4 ?

You can always private message me if you get totally stuck, but this should not happen as all the clues you need are in the game.

Yes,I played 1.3 until version 2 came out and then I started again.In that I only did first dungeon and I got in the "old" way.

Now playing 2.4 and I was thinking that the "old way" of entry to the dungeon had been changed.

Will persevere and PM you if I can't make progress.

Thanks for reply:).

Another 'Hi' for DoddTheSlayer from another newby :)
First of all, many thanks for your tremendous work. It's always good to see that those great days of RPG are not gone completely.
Yet I have to report the following miracle: problem with the Ratt key.
As far as I understand, it has to fall out from the Traitor. I have consequently played 1.2 Normal, 1.2 Expert, both 1.3 versions and now 2.3 version with your 2.4 patch, and there is no key coming out. I have searched through complete game, even finishing Rattus Rattus bank quest - no key. I only find an informative letter on Traitor's body to his Master.
What might be wrong with it?
I have original 1.0 version of the game on 3 CD's patched up with the final 1.24 patch, no other intermediar patches. Every version of your mod has always been installed upon freshly re-installed version of the game. The only 3-rd party tool, which I use, is this WIZ8FAST-program, but I doubt that it has any impact upon this occurrance.
If I am wrong with a place to look for this key - your spoiler in PM should be greatly appreciated :)

As far as I might consider, it's planet Earth
Thank you for your swift reply. Looking through the messages on ign.com I really could not believe my eyes regarding this Ratt key affair :) Probably missing one of the main characters of this quest due to the fact that this character was too often away in previous mods while me walking around there, explains everything. So, I am on my way back then to check it.
Once again, thank you! And keep on good modding! :thanks:

As far as I might consider, it's planet Earth
Back
Top Bottom