Borderlands 2 - DLC Announced

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
As a followup to yesterdays post BluesNews posted an update for the Borderlands 2 DLC announcement.

Gearbox made their promised announcement of new Borderlands 2 DLC at PAX Australia, revealing plans for an Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak coming "soonish" to raise the game's level cap to 72, add a new training course, and provide an object lesson in the dangers of calling something the "ultimate."

There are details on IncGamers where they also have word on the announcement of another pack called Headhunter Pack: T.K. Baha's Bloody Harvest, saying that will come some time before Halloween, befitting T.K.'s newfound status as a zombie. The second Ultimate Vault Hunter pack will be $5.00 while pricing on Bloody Harvest is TBD, and while they specify the first DLC will not be part of season passes, they do not address this for the second pack, though as far as we know the season's pass has been fulfilled now.
More information.

Last edited:
'Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak ... an object lesson in the dangers of calling something the "ultimate."'

Nice line. :)

So more DLC to add to the other 33 DLC packs that are available for Borderlands 2. No, that's not a joke.. there are actually 33 pieces of DLC for this game already. That's ridiculous.

I still haven't finished all of the DLC from the first game. :) That definitely adds some replayability and longevity. Once the sequel gets a bit cheaper, I'll be sure to pick it up as well based on this notion and the fun setting alone.

So more DLC to add to the other 33 DLC packs that are available for Borderlands 2. No, that's not a joke.. there aclally 33 pieces of DLC for this game already. That's ridiculous.

It is a joke. It's officially out of control now. Company of Heroes 2 had 30 DLC on day 1 of its release.

I also draw the line at buying classes in an RPG, like Borderlands has done, unless I'm paying like $10 for a gold edition.

I also draw the line at buying classes in an RPG, like Borderlands has done, unless I'm paying like $10 for a gold edition.

I've never quoted myself before. Fun….

But speaking of this, the original Borderlands just went on sale for $7.50 USD on Steam for the next 24 hours for the GotY edition or $5 to boycott DLC, for we latecomers. Just picked up the GotY, myself. Could use something light, if he world is interesting, as my game time is limited these days. Just started a Mas k of the Betrayer play through for those rare moments when I can spend some real time.

P.S. Borderlands 2 is on sale for roughly $10 and $20 for the DLC season pass.

Last edited:
That number is not accurate, and originated on pirate site listings. There have actually been 7 official DLC packages (and one was free with pre-order):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderlands_2

The rest are just tiny bonus modules that came with specific franchise (e.g. Game Stop) pre-orders (such as a new virtual hat). Don't get me wrong. I am not a fan of DLC, as I rarely want to go back and replay completed games, but still, Gearbox is not nearly as bad as that fraudulent 33 number makes them out to be.

So more DLC to add to the other 33 DLC packs that are available for Borderlands 2. No, that's not a joke.. there are actually 33 pieces of DLC for this game already. That's ridiculous.

Cmon, that's nothing compared to Sims and Train Simulator.

That number is not accurate, and originated on pirate site listings. There have actually been 7 official DLC packages (and one was free with pre-order):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderlands_2

The rest are just tiny bonus modules that came with specific franchise (e.g. Game Stop) pre-orders (such as a new virtual hat). Don't get me wrong. I am not a fan of DLC, as I rarely want to go back and replay completed games, but still, Gearbox is not nearly as bad as that fraudulent 33 number makes them out to be.

That number is entirely accurate and has nothing to do with pirate anything. There are exactly 33 pieces of downloadable content available for Borderland 2 right now.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/49520/

You can use the term "bonus modules" if you think that makes it any different, but that doesn't change the facts.

You can use the term "bonus modules" if you think that makes it any different

Thanks, I will do just that, as that was their intended use. As I stated, they were created before release to incentive pre-orders, and were free at the time.

Those little bonuses are in no way unique to BL2. It IS out of control - and many, many games use that pre-order bullshit.

That said, after Aliens: CM - I'm not going to cut these guys any slack whatsoever.

Dlc in general is getting way out of hand. The full fledged expansion modules for this game seem to be of pretty high quality though. I recently finished Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, and it was probably the most innovative narrative structure and overall funny scenario I have ever seen in a video game. Your PCs are the "pieces" in a D&D esque game that is narrated and "played" by the story characters of the main game.

The level cap increase is for grinders though. It is hard to play through the game two whole times already to unlock UVHM. Borderlands 2 has funny content, but the gameplay doesn't hold up to repetition IMO. I don't see any benefits to the successive modes, you get tougher but the enemies become bullet sponges to offset the player progress. The loot drops are terrible and there is nothing worth buying with money. They definitely need some brilliant ideas to keep people playing through the same content over and over.

Back
Top Bottom