Sabotain Break the Rules

that was a very nice thing to do
good tidings curious!

i still to this day find it amazing you can pass a much needed "item" from california to london as quick as a handshake!
long live the net.

Thanks for the file but unfortunately it does not work with French version by just replacing the file. I will look into the archive and try to configure it a bit further. Game starts fine but there are no letters on the main menu.

curious - can you look at your install directory if there is a file named manual.pdf. Please look if it is in English as mine is in French.

OK did it. You must change the name inside data/text folder from "eng" to "fra" if you have French version and I presume to "ita" for Italian version. Now everything is in English (except enter and exit button but these are not text files). There are no subtitles for taunts in this English version because there is no sound directory in text folder. In French version taunts are subtitled. I will try to fix this and will upload upgraded file to a free download server so all you will have to do is to replace data00.sab in your game directory.

All I need now is an English pdf manual.

Last edited:
i don't recall a pdf manual being included in the game. however i do have an actual paper manual that could be scanned though it is half english/half taiwainese and not one in the front/one in the back but side by side. let me know if thats of interest. gives a breakdown of the tatoo system which i'd forgotten about, though for ~20 pages it doesn't have much actual text.

No need to scan. That would be too much work. Just look into Sabotain game directory on your hard drive if you still have it installed. There might be a manual.pdf file there. At least it is in French version.

Also curious I would need data03.sab and data04.sab if it wouldn`t be to much trouble. Road signs and location signs are still in French as they are not plain text but textures and I would need to replace those with English version. These are located in data03.sab texture folder.

ah i do indeed have the full english manual pdf
Download File - 1.0 Mb

i'll get those other data files up at some point today as together their half a gig and i don't have the fastest connection in the world by a longshot- am trying to preload masseffect 3 which will take most of the day

Download File - 267.4 Mb part 3

Download File - 314.9 Mb part 4

didn't really want to sign up for another account. i liked that aspect about mediafire but the few times i've used it i came back to the computer a few hours later and in the background i could hear old black and white movies playing. shit freaked me out as there weren't any other windows open or any ones internally.

OK. Thank you so much. I will download all these files and recompiled them in one archive file together with instructions. And then will upload it to a more user friendly server.

Official site of the game
http://en.akella.com/Game.aspx?id=26

official trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5NFgpYNc1A

You can buy this game on ebay from various French and Italian sellers (price is usually round 12 EURO including shipping)
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260769949995
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160308494654

wonder if this game is easily moddable?
the potentential would be enormous if its possible..

it has so much scope for all sorts given the open nature of the game

i noticed pretty quick that depending on whether you have french or italian version depends on what you rename the "eng" folder in data00.sab.
mine is 'iita'

Curious, thanks very very much for providing the files, and Dark Savant for recompiling them.

I had almost giving up on my efforts after a hard drive crash lost all my files.

Great stuff!

Fast

Very good job, Dark Savant!
you're a fast worker!
30 years i've been gaming, but i just don't have the Patience required for completing things like this,
Thank god theirs greats guys like yourself out there willing to keep things rolling .

Cheers for the english Patch.... I ordered the french game on ebay and got it today... however I can only pla it on 1024*768 on my widescreen laptop..... Do you know if there is a way to play in widescreen mode ?

Cheers.
L.

Still don`t have time to play this as I am busy with ME3 at the moment. I quickly checked settings file with notepad and there is a section "video_mode" there. You can change the resolution there but unfortunately it resets back to 1024x768 when you start the game.

Cool, this game can be played in English it appears.
Thanks for the wirk DS. I downloaded all your files and when trying to boot up the game, with either exe file I get:
"The program can't start because the minigame.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Back
Top Bottom