Risen - On GOG

Speak for yourself. If you're a fan of open-world aRPGs, then you would indeed be missing out by not playing Risen. There aren't a lot of other games like it - especially in recent years.

I agree that it's not as good as Gothic 1&2, but that might have something to do with the fact that those are two of the best open-world crpgs ever made.

Totally agree - IMO aside from the very last battle it is an excellent game, not quite up to G1 & 2 ... but SO much better than pretty much any other 1st/3rd person a-RPG since.

I really enjoyed Risen, I have it on DVD. Sometimes the combat would get tedious - most of the time it was block until you saw an opening. You learned the opponents moves and could tell when it was time to strike, though if your timing was off you would take a beating.

For $4 I will get the DRM free version - one of these days I want to play as one of the other factions.

On a seemingly unrelated note:
Does anyone knows if there is a way to mod the font size in Risen?
I have googled on the topic, but got confused in contradicting infos.

Noone made a mod for font size changing, but there is a mod to "polish" the font:
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1136830-Risen-AntiAliasing-Mod
This is probably the only mod for Risen I can recommend to install.

Keep in mind it's not compatible with Risen Unofficial Patch v1.3, but I can't recommend that one as instead of fixing things only it introduces more bugs in the game.

Back
Top Bottom