I love a story with a happy ending.

What I want to know is this.

Did TM have his pants above or below his ass at the time everything went down?

Its clear that he was a wannabe thug. Lots of interesting info coming out now.

Only a total moron would use Wikipedia to try to prove a point in something like this. In a situation as subjective as this, that is the last place one should look for objective facts. Are you not aware that anyone can edit a Wikipedia article? The person who wrote that article tries to sound as if he/she was actually present during the confrontation.

And as far as Zimmerman's so-called history of violence, Drithius is 100% correct, those incidents are weak and are probably being intentionally exaggerated as well.

Haha. I'll tell you who is being the moron. It's moronic to call "subjective" quotes from testimony and facts appearing in a wiki, that I've seen elsewhere. BTW, non-morons know how to check the references at the back of the wiki. Obviously you need help.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/25/us-usa-florida-shooting-zimmerman-idUSBRE83O18H20120425

You cry about exaggeration with no basis, no sources, no facts that support your opinions.

Not very convincing JDR. I hope you are not basing your opinions from watching boobs on Fox and Friends.

Last edited:
The severity of what you're pointing to is absolutely subjective. You know nothing about what transpired because you weren't there. You're basing your opinion on things being pointed to by a group of attorneys whos job was to try to convict the man.

Facts? Not guilty is the only fact I need.

Only an idiot would consider a jury's verdict a fact.
You're basing your opinion on things being pointed to by a group of attorneys whos job was to try to convict the man.

Wrong again JDR. Information is from a Reuters investigation pointed to by the wiki, not the attorneys. You should really check the references before you make more poorly informed statements.

What I want to know is this.

Did TM have his pants above or below his ass at the time everything went down?

Its clear that he was a wannabe thug. Lots of interesting info coming out now.

Here, let me translate:

Was her dress above her knees? Could you see her belly button? Was she wearing heels? Showing cleavage? SHE WAS ASKING FOR IT!

Um, yup, you are a major league bigot.

Oh my, there's just all kinds of silliness going on here. Thrasher's gracing us with his indisputable first hand knowledge of events and Mike seems to need a sarcasm font.
THISGONBGUD.gif

Now, I don't think either guy was a paragon of virtue. There is certainly the possibility Martin was casing the neighborhood for burglaries. But I think the fight and death could have been avoided if it weren't for Zimmerman's crazy vigilantism.

Sure, it could have been avoided. But that doesn't excuse Trayvon jumping all over Zimmerman. They were both in the wrong but the law states very clearly that Zimmerman's reaction was legal.

CASE CLOSED.

The facts of the case didn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman was guilty. Does this mean he is innocent? No. Our system isn't perfect, but it was intended to err on the side of NOT convicting innocents. Did Trayvon deserve to die? Probably no more than we all do. And will.

And this is probably a long way from over. Will justice be served in this case? I'm not sure anyone cares about actual justice anymore. Everyone just believes what they want to believe and tells themselves their beliefs are facts.

If Zimmerman threatened Martin with a gun, or whatever, then Martin had a right to defend himself as well. It's not cut and dry. We will never know exactly what caused it or initiated the conflict.

If you we're paying attention you would have known that rather than being moronic. ;)

Believing that Zimmerman is completely in the right is what I was arguing against. :/

Sure, it could have been avoided. But that doesn't excuse Trayvon jumping all over Zimmerman. They were both in the wrong but the law states very clearly that Zimmerman's reaction was legal.

CASE CLOSED.

It's like saying he was asking for it for making eye contact. Oh no someone spoke to me and said I was suspicious, now I have the right to beat them to death.

Someone IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH. IN A COMMUNITY I HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING IN, NOT MY OWN NEIGHBORHOOD OR A PLACE ON THE WAY TO THE LOCATION I WAS COMING FROM.

Zimmerman shot Martin through the heart.
Whereas Zimmerman's wounds were said to be insignificant. None of Zimmerman's DNA was found on Martin's sweatshirt or in scrapings of Martin's fingernails.
The police told him not to pursue.

Because of these statements I doubt very much Zimmerman would have gotten away with it in my country. Here the violence used to stop someone has to be within reason, appropriate. A fist can not be answered with a bullet through the heart.
(Besides the fact that carrying a gun is illegal here and acting against the police's advice/order will not plead in your favor when on trial.)

Florida's 'Stand your ground' strikes me as rather bizarre. "People fearing for their lives can use deadly force without having to retreat from a confrontation, even when it is possible", right? I regard it as an invitation to carry a gun and use it; kill instantly on fear of being killed.

I wonder what would have happened, legally, if Martin had carried a gun and if he had aimed for Zimmerman's heart just a bit quicker than Zimmerman did.

Edit: the one that dies is 'just' unlucky, the one that survives is free and gets away with it?

Last edited:
Zimmerman shot Martin through the heart.
Whereas Zimmerman's wounds were said to be insignificant. None of Zimmerman's DNA was found on Martin's sweatshirt or in scrapings of Martin's fingernails.

Why would there be DNA under Martin's fingernails? Martin was punching him not scratching him. There were abrasions on his knuckles that were consistent with him striking someone.

Back
Top Bottom