Might & Magic - Video Interview

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Ubisoft's Might & Magic portal is pointing out a video that introduces two developers that will be the "voice of the teams". Since the cat is sleeping on my headphones and my partner asleep nearby, I can't turn the audio up enough to get past their French accents - so here's the Ubisoft blurb, rather than any description from me:
Dear fans of Might&Magic, it’s been a long time since some fresh news came your way through this website. Rest assured we are working hard on the future of your favorite series. Today we introduce you to two important members of the development team that will be the voice of the teams working on the future of Might&Magic.
More information.

Looks like it's a Clash of Heroes dev diary; that's the puzzle-themed nintendo DS title Ubi has lined up for their next M&M release, but here's a little snip about it on the Celestial Heavens site that holds out a little hope:
There is a short developer diary about Clash of Heroes on the Ubisoft Web site. The two developers, Romain de Waubert and Erwan Le Breton, barely mention the game at all and instead talk to us fans about expanding the Might and Magic franchise on other platforms.

Hopefully, Ubi will eventually get a HoMM6 or M&M X together, but there hasn't been anything definite out of them yet.

With M&M9 in mind, M&M needs a reboot.

Hopefully, if they do M&M X or HOMM6 they'll keep the extreme pointy ears to a minimum and the kid heroes will stay at home. Let's have the grown ups do all the adventuring this time around. ;)

For me M&M was at its best with World of Xeen and Isles of Terra. I also love Heroes II & III, but everything later wasnt so much my thing anymore. It kinda lost the charm to me.

I hope they do something other than the DS as well - though the DS is *bound* to be better than the last thing bearing the 'Might & Magic' name ...

They are talking about expanding M&M universe to new gameplay and such, bla bla, but there is no word about a real M&M single player RPG. I think Ubisoft thinks a real RPG in M&M universe is a dead investment. It is a shame really.

I don't think I played M&M past 3 or 4, but I remember loving 3 and liking its predecessors very much. Heroes never interested me (I just don't like the genre).

Yea I'd really like to see a new M&M game in the same vein as M&M 6 or M&M 7, modernized perhaps, but with the same addictive gameplay that made those two titles so great.

M&M 6/7 really ***REALLY*** had that 'I just need to get that one last thing' element to it that always kept me playing an extra 1, 2, or 10 hours more that day than I planned...

Yea I'd really like to see a new M&M game in the same vein as M&M 6 or M&M 7, modernized perhaps, but with the same addictive gameplay that made those two titles so great.

M&M 6/7 really ***REALLY*** had that 'I just need to get that one last thing' element to it that always kept me playing an extra 1, 2, or 10 hours more that day than I planned...

Completely agree with you!! I loved 6&7 not so much 8 and definately not 9. I started with MM2 and loved it ever since...never finished MM1 however. I am hoping that they make MMX a reality soon! Meanwhile BDJ and a few other guys are modding MM6/7 and there are a few remakes in the works. Visit Celestial Heavens->MM forums if you're interested.

Back
Top Bottom